Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Development Ideas
Heh, it's easy to not notice that Schlichter's and Hasty Market are the same building.

(03-06-2015, 02:23 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 01:36 PM)Markster Wrote: So who else is waiting with baited breath for 178 Queen St S to get redeveloped?

A block down the street, 132 Queen St. S  is also screaming for redevelopment.

The great thing about that property is if you could combine it with the property on Ontario street and have it face both street fronts.  But that's just wishful thinking.

Edit:  Didn't realize it'd already been consolidated.  Was just always a bit of a dream of mine.
(03-06-2015, 03:52 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Wow!  I hadn't realized that the sight had been consolidated in that way.  Lots of potential for that larger site, once the transit terminal is gone.   I'd say that $3million seems very rich, but didn't Momentum pay even more than that for the oneVictoria site?

They did pay more for it, but it's a very different location, with very different zoning.

While Queen st South is mixed use, I don't know what the zoning would allow for in terms of height.
There are two tall towers right near that location so I would imagine a few more wouldn't hurt.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »