Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target Canada
(04-10-2019, 09:46 PM)Spokes Wrote: Is the old Target site even big enough?

Probably would be if they used that entire strip and made a second floor. I am sure CIBC, EBGames and Laurentien Dentistry could be relocated elsewhere in the plaza. Unsure if there would be enough parking, though the lot is an OK size.

That's what I was thinking, that if they had enough space for the building it would be at the expense of parking. Which many will say they're all good with, but I doubt IKEA would be one of them
A former Target location in my end of Ottawa is currently undergoing renovation. I think it is supposed to become a National Sports store.
(04-09-2019, 12:15 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 09:39 AM)clasher Wrote: I'd be surprised to see anything there, it's a poor spot that's far away from the road and as you say, all the big box chains are already nearby. It'd be a good spot for an skating rink/pool or some other indoor sports facility.

It would be, but I think the city has too much going close to that area.

Arena -- one or two-rink arena is planned close to Fischer-Hallmans and Bleams -- and one about 5 minutes away (if that) - Activa Sports Complex, not to mention the Aud Complex
Pools -- Cameron Heights and Forest Heights Pools are fairly close
Community Centres -- Mill Court is somewhat close, and Chandler-Mowat community centre is just down the street.

They'd need to do a rebuild and have offices in there along with some retail.

Yeah I guess they are all really close now that I look at a map. It's too bad all the columns inside the buildings make it difficult to use them for indoor soccer or most other sports even. There probably isn't enough cycling demand here but an indoor park like joyride 150 would work.
I always thought they'd be better off razing Target/HO and even Staples if they ended up moving to Sunrise, and converting the site to mixed use - more housing and condo towers. Close to the highway, grocery, and a large park.
(04-12-2019, 11:55 PM)razzie13 Wrote: I always thought they'd be better off razing Target/HO and even Staples if they ended up moving to Sunrise, and converting the site to mixed use - more housing and condo towers. Close to the highway, grocery, and a large park.

Not sure why Staples would want to move to Sunrise, being so close to the Boardwalk at all.

Condo towers on that site though, and perhaps a playground, would be a good idea though. Sort of what CF is doing to Fairview Park.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »