Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Basketball League - KW Titans
But Ranger games draw big numbers right? Or has that changed? I haven't been there in a while.

Titans don't have the following and draw to charge "perceived value" Or they should get in touch with reality.

They expanded the arena about 5 years ago to accommodate more Rangers fans, so I presume they're doing well.
At one point almost every game was standing room only
(01-28-2019, 01:28 PM)KevinL Wrote: They expanded the arena about 5 years ago to accommodate more Rangers fans, so I presume they're doing well.

I think that was 2006/7 when they hosted the Memorial Cup. Unless they have expanded again since then?
Ya I think the expansion was around 10 years ago.

Is this just a failed understanding of supply/demand and the economy, or is it simply that there's no interest in this team?
I think it is poor advertising. Many people I talk to didn't realize we had a team.  The price is cheap for good entertainment...  They need to build up some hype...
I've heard advertising, and I've gone to a few games.... I don't think that's the main issue. And we can't compare it to the Rangers... nothing will match hockey attendance in Canada. [It's a shame, as there many great sports that are overlooked as they are not hockey. I may have many who disagree, but I've said since the Humbolt Bronco's tragedy, that while it is a horrible event, the only reason it received so much media attention is that it was a hockey team. If it was a bus of basketball players there would not have been the outpouring of support nationwide, despite it being an exact equal loss of life.]

Coke

Sadly I don't think you're wrong. Hockey will always be number one here and the other sports aren't close

I've heard some ads. I know that they're not going to sell out like the Rangers do, but I can't help but think they could be a better draw

Our school played a game there before a Titans game and for any students who bought a ticket they could stay for the Titans game.
We found the price was higher for the Titans adult tickets than Rangers games. I prefer hockey but enjoyed the basketball and love having another sporting option.

The Aud last expanded in 2012 an added around 1000 seating capacity. The Rangers games I have went to the past couple years have been well attended. Last year the team was very good and drew a big crow.

I couldn't buy tickets to a game a couple Sunday's ago, but that turned out to be Timbits hockey day.
(01-28-2019, 11:39 PM)Chris Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 01:28 PM)KevinL Wrote: They expanded the arena about 5 years ago to accommodate more Rangers fans, so I presume they're doing well.

I think that was 2006/7 when they hosted the Memorial Cup. Unless they have expanded again since then?

I know I am responding to an old(er) post, but The Aud has had several renovations over the past 20 years. I believe it was 2002 for AC install, box seats, restaurant(s) installations. 2006/2007 was 400 additional seats for the Memorial Cup (this was considered a minor reno), and 2012 was the addition of the Blues -- this was a major renovation.
(01-30-2019, 05:42 PM)rangersfan Wrote: We found the price was higher for the Titans adult tickets than Rangers games. I prefer hockey but enjoyed the basketball and love having another sporting option.

Titans will be back again this year, Boxing Day or Christmas Eve, I can't remember, if memory serves me correct.

Maybe better attendance due to Raptors. Who knows. It is good value, but they need to market the team.
Yes marketing will be key. I was always surprised how low their attendance was.
They should do a WRC night that should boost their numbers!!!!!

(09-30-2019, 07:16 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: They should do a WRC night  that should boost their numbers!!!!!

Not a bad idea! I wonder if Spokes can snag discounts for members here?!
(10-01-2019, 12:59 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:16 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: They should do a WRC night  that should boost their numbers!!!!!

Not a bad idea! I wonder if Spokes can snag discounts for members here?!

WRC Box seats?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »