Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Maps and satellite imagery of KW
Almost any edits that I make need approval, apart from slightly adjusting the alignment of existing roads via vertices. My page says I have more than 2,400 edits (2,200 of which have been approved) , and creating new roads used to not be a problem. I'm not sure what it is now — maybe I just need even more edits to become more trusted by the system? For a few weeks after reopening everything was fine and dandy, it was only withing the past 2 weeks that auto-moderator started requesting approval for every edit.
Huh, maybe it's trying to put the brakes on you!
They locked everything down after a few people vandalized some areas.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/05/g...vandalism/
I guess that's part of the reason no one has put the spur line trail on the bike/walking directions yet.
Old news, that.
They've reopened editing for a month now. GtwoK and I contribute.

As for the Spur Line, I've been fighting with that ever since editing opened up. Everything looks right in Mapmaker, but for some unknown reason, it just keeps not showing up in directions. I've done a lot of tweaks to see if it would fix it, but nothing is working. And then I'll make a change that needs Google approval, and I have to deal with arbitrary judgement of poorly documented guidelines.
Are you guys going to add the ion route?
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
(11-08-2015, 06:40 PM)Canard Wrote: Are you guys going to add the ion route?

Is that the role of community mapmakers? I'd really hope that ION route and stops and schedules is all driven from region's GTFS data.

Or is there another aspect of the ION route that would be community-added?
In some spots, it'll likely reshape footpaths, at the least. Not that those have proven to be easy to recognize (see: Spur Line). Hopefully the stations won't be seen as islands Tongue
(11-11-2015, 12:08 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: In some spots, it'll likely reshape footpaths, at the least. Not that those have proven to be easy to recognize (see: Spur Line). Hopefully the stations won't be seen as islands Tongue

Good point. For ped and bike directions to work well, the station areas and connections to them will have to be well outlined.
The community mapmakers add the visual indication of rails to the map. As for transit functionality, that's up to GRT and their GTFS data.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
  Old maps/plans/designs KevinL 7 4,368 09-18-2016, 02:33 PM
Last Post: tomh009