Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Trails
Alright so "end of next week" was last friday and it was still closed this morning. Hopefully it will be open soon?

The Iron Horse Trail bridge by Victoria Park is open! There had been a sign at West Ave. saying the bridge was closed which was gone this morning, so I decided to go down and see. It was a bit icy but so nice to have that link back Smile
(01-30-2020, 10:02 AM)bpoland Wrote: The Iron Horse Trail bridge by Victoria Park is open!  There had been a sign at West Ave. saying the bridge was closed which was gone this morning, so I decided to go down and see.  It was a bit icy but so nice to have that link back Smile

I will miss the wooden planks on the old bridge, though.
Yeah, I'll confess to deriving a non-trivial amount of joy from zipping across the wooden plank bridges (mostly due to the glorious racket) on my bike on previous commutes.
It'll be a lot harder to set this bridge deck on fire though.
(03-03-2020, 03:41 PM)clasher Wrote: It'll be a lot harder to set this bridge deck on fire though.

I just saw that the City of Waterloo is planning to extend Forwell Trail from King to Weber in 2021. That will close the biggest gap in the Waterloop.

https://www.engagewr.ca/new-forwell-trail-coming

(03-03-2020, 08:25 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: I just saw that the City of Waterloo is planning to extend Forwell Trail from King to Weber in 2021. That will close the biggest gap in the Waterloop.

https://www.engagewr.ca/new-forwell-trail-coming

Awesome! We’ve been waiting for this for years.
I've been riding through the Waterloo Inn parking lot for years, nice to see they're making a trail.
I was cycling along the Schneider Creek Greenway from Manitou and I saw this:             Does anybody know what they are up to here? I also noticed some clearing on the west bank south of Wabanaki.        
Preliminary work for extending Bleams to Wilson?
(03-20-2020, 02:50 PM)KevinL Wrote: Preliminary work for extending Bleams to Wilson?
Is that a thing? I find no reference to that on the Regional website.
It's part of the River Road extension.

(03-20-2020, 03:27 PM)timio Wrote: It's part of the River Road extension.
I see. The plans show that they are building a bridge across Schneider Creek at that location.
I got bored today in quarantine so I decided to try out a protected intersection design at Courtland and Stirling. Kept all the existing lanes and added in a two-way trail connection within the existing curbs just by reducing the lane widths down to 3.3m (the recommended width in the Region's design guidelines). Thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »