Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
[Image: ewHNdn4.jpeg]

My big question is, where did the forms they built go? Also, where is the entrance to the parking going? Thank you for the photos.
(03-18-2024, 04:54 PM)Square Wrote: My big question is, where did the forms they built go?  Also, where is the entrance to the parking going?  Thank you for the photos.

I think the forms are under the first level of concrete poured and I believe entrance to parking will be on the right hand side.
I see they have the concrete pumper up, but is it me?, or is it look too far away from the main building?
(03-30-2024, 07:52 PM)Square Wrote: I see they have the concrete pumper up, but is it me?, or is it look too far away from the main building?

The tower crane is set to the rear of the building so the entire building will be built in front of it between Tower 2 and the crane. The crane itself will climb externally similar to how TEK and Drewlo T2 will rise, the crane is schedule to have 3 total climbs which will combine to add an additional 13 sections (it's built as 10). 

In terms of the concrete pump its set in the front half of the building closest to tower 2, in CP42's most recent photo if you look between the two wall forms that extend from the edge of the podium towards the central core you should be able to see the form in the floor where the mast of the pump goes.
(04-01-2024, 06:51 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 07:52 PM)Square Wrote: I see they have the concrete pumper up, but is it me?, or is it look too far away from the main building?

The tower crane is set to the rear of the building so the entire building will be built in front of it between Tower 2 and the crane. The crane itself will climb externally similar to how TEK and Drewlo T2 will rise, the crane is schedule to have 3 total climbs which will combine to add an additional 13 sections (it's built as 10). 

In terms of the concrete pump its set in the front half of the building closest to tower 2, in CP42's most recent photo if you look between the two wall forms that extend from the edge of the podium towards the central core you should be able to see the form in the floor where the mast of the pump goes.

Thank you for the info.  Yes, looking at other footprints of the building I can see that the back closest to the tracks is not the main building but the podium portion.  I thought the pumper would have to reach all the way to the back.  (Probably can when all the sections are extented.)
[Image: fdbTCHc.jpeg]

It would be nice if a pedestrian/cycle tunnel got built under the tracks to connect Station Park/the Walter St neighbourhood with the cycle lanes on Joseph, and then downtown/Victoria Park area a little more directly. I bet you would get a ton of foot/bike traffic across this gap if it was installed.
April 25:
[Image: 623WGJO.jpeg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »