Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIXO Midtown | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | Proposed
I wonder what Galloway means by "Another just in for suburban ION stn."

The midtown neighbourhoods are going to be 'streetcar suburbs' once more!
I think he means there's been another submission for a suburban ION station which isn't public yet. He's tweeted about there being a big development planned for Block Line that's going to be integrated into the station, maybe they just submitted planning documents.
I presume some kind of typo? He probably meant 'justification for urban station', or something.
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
(05-19-2017, 08:49 PM)Square Wrote: The render shows cars driving from Moore into the office building underground parking?  Looking at the area live, Grandlink has built a retaining wall at that spot.  Are they going to rip up that wall in a few years for this development?

Presumably, yes. Despite the retaining wall being there, the curbs for King St curve towards the retaining wall at that entrance, as if there is already an entrance there, but with a mysterious wall in the middle of it. Odd that they would have spent money on a "permanent" wall rather than just some easy-to-dismantle boards or something.

[Image: nN67nAf.jpg]
(05-20-2017, 03:27 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Presumably, yes. Despite the retaining wall being there, the curbs for King St curve towards the retaining wall at that entrance, as if there is already an entrance there, but with a mysterious wall in the middle of it. Odd that they would have spent money on a "permanent" wall rather than just some easy-to-dismantle boards or something.

In the context of the excavation that will be required, that retaining wall is “easy-to-dismantle” — just unstack the pieces and take them away.
Thank you all for the replies and GtwoK for the picture.
I do like the renderings they've released recently, although I don't like how the edges of the buildings curve - but that's subjective. The second render honestly looked the best, especially the court yards. We'll have to see what they finally decide to build. Developers often change things between when they announce the project going ahead, to when they finally start building. This is one project in the region I don't have the capacity to get more info on in my line of work, so I have no idea.
Signage going up on King. 

[Image: A8uNVsX.jpg]
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps