Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
The remaining tenants would need to find new spaces first, of course - the LCBO being probably chief among those.

This is listed as "in-progress" by Zehr.

Maybe we'll see some progress soon?

:http://www.zehrgroup.ca/project/607-king-street-west-2/
With the upcoming closure of the funeral home, I hope we won't have to wait too long for details of what comes next for this heritage property, so I thought I'd open a thread.

Personally, I think the complex would make a fantastic regional "arts hub", with space for offices, studios, rehearsal space and performance venues.  I  don't think I will hold my breath waiting for something like that, however.
I've seen stuff on this one... everyone will be absolutely blown away by this development. It's much, much more than what has been made public so far.
Insider you always jump in to threads claiming to have inside knowledge. And none of them have ever actually been revealed. Whatever source you're using, I think it might be broken :p
So when will the information become public? Before or after the details of the alleged Charles/Gaukel project?, he asked sceptically.
(12-19-2015, 06:40 PM)insider Wrote:
(12-19-2015, 05:53 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Insider you always jump in to threads claiming to have inside knowledge. And none of them have ever actually been revealed. Whatever source you're using, I think it might be broken :p

Haha! I knew someone would say something like this, but this one was too exciting not to say anything... maybe i should just keep my mouth shut? I did see some really cool stuff on this one I promise!

Yes, maybe exciting, but is it real?

You posted this one three months ago about Charles/Gaukel, and there is still no news of anything happening there.

(09-24-2015, 10:03 AM)insider Wrote: Keep an eye open for this one. It will be an exciting project.

(12-19-2015, 06:40 PM)insider Wrote: I did see some really cool stuff on this one I promise!

For example?

This thread more than most, when I see it's been bumped I think "Yes! Progress!" and then am disappointed. Anything you've seen would be interesting to everyone hear, I'm sure. What kind of cool stuff are we talking?
A "true or false" questionnaire for insider

1. If built, there will be considerably more people working in the area.

2. If built, there will be considerably more people living in the area.

3. If built there will be (a) more hotel rooms and/or (b) more shops in the area.

4. The project, if built, would incorporate the Ratz-Bechtel site and buildings.
(12-20-2015, 01:29 PM)insider Wrote:
(12-19-2015, 07:39 PM)panamaniac Wrote: A "true or false" questionnaire for insider

1.  If built, there will be considerably more people working in the area.

2.  If built, there will be considerably more people living in the area.

3.  If built there will be (a) more hotel rooms and/or (b) more shops in the area.

4.  The project, if built, would incorporate the Ratz-Bechtel site and buildings.

1. True
2. True
3. a) False b) True
4. True

Interesting.  That "true" for #4 makes this a huge site, with incorporation of a heritage building.
Last two questions (from me) for insider:

1) which proposal excites you more, Kings Crossing or the Charles/Gaukel mystery?

2) which of the two proposals seems likely to be made public first?
(12-20-2015, 01:37 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 01:29 PM)insider Wrote: 1. True
2. True
3. a) False b) True
4. True

Interesting.  That "true" for #4 makes this a huge site, with incorporation of a heritage building.

#4 makes this development all that much more interesting.  Wow.
Now what if the McDonald's was sold to them as well, allowing them to *truly* have a King's Crossing development?

In reality, that the funeral home is involved is likely more about holding out an olive branch for a large development, if we're to follow more recent heritage trends.

Interestingly, Sortable has moved into what looks like temporary space in the old Dake Sushi spot.
(12-21-2015, 02:48 PM)Lens Wrote: Interestingly, Sortable has moved into what looks like temporary space in the old Dake Sushi spot.

Arg! More restaurant space lost to office use.

I note your use of the word "temporary," though. Hopefully that space is redeveloped sooner than later.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »