Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
I think the plans changed or the city didn't allow something, hence the delay to May.

Got confirmation from them today that they will just be unveiling the building in May, presale dates they said have not been determined yet just FYI
(03-22-2017, 04:32 PM)amylu416 Wrote: Got confirmation from them today that they will just be unveiling the building in May, presale dates they said have not been determined yet just FYI

why did they delay?
(03-22-2017, 04:32 PM)amylu416 Wrote: Got confirmation from them today that they will just be unveiling the building in May, presale dates they said have not been determined yet just FYI

By "the building" do you mean the project, or just a first structure?  I'm assuming the full build will be staged over many years.
(03-20-2017, 12:48 AM)Square Wrote: Lol, the counter is at 46 days!  Was suppose to unveil this coming Friday, March 24th.

It was at 46 the other day.  I was thinking to myself, that's the slowest 15 days of my life!!
For those that like development buzz words here is a dandy from the Sixo website "
SIXO WILL BE THE PORTAL TO ALL THINGS ESSENTIAL AND MAGICAL IN MIDTOWN."
For whatever reason, that reminds me of http://zombo.com

It made me think "Vote for me and I'll make all your wildest dreams come true."

I'd never heard of zombo.com; thanks, timio. That's a really great resource.
(04-27-2017, 07:28 AM)timio Wrote: For whatever reason, that reminds me of http://zombo.com

Thanks that's pretty much the only website you need.

See you guys later, I'll be over at zombo.com from now on....
Unveiling delayed again. Was suppose to be this Friday May 5th, now May 18th.
Only a couple of weeks this time.

In the meantime, they are definitely spending money promoting the project using online advertising.
I wonder if the provincial measures forced them to reevaluate any of their aims with marketing and overall presentation.
The cynic in me still doubts that we'll ever see anything like what is shown in the renders at that site. I hope to be proven wrong.

It remains to be seen whether the province’s measures last week will significantly slow the market, but people are talking about it, so maybe that is the cause for the delay.

No matter what, it’s practically inevitable that the market will slow. I wonder a lot about the likelihood of any given proposal squeaking through to completion ahead of when that starts. This one is pretty ambitious, so I really wonder.
At the moment, 100 Victoria and SIXO are the only two significant and active condo developments in downtown, and 100 Victoria is mostly sold already (Charlie West will likely be somewhat later) so I expect that there should be enough demand to get SIXO pre-selling and under way.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »