Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midtown Lofts | ?m | 6 fl | Complete
"We are anticipating delivering the first round of units right around June 2017."

We'll see. I like their positivity about the stretch of King in general, and the statement that "We would like to look at other sites along that corridor." I think a lot of developers will.

I can't wait till King St. is finished because the amount of excavating traffic going down Louisa is outrageous
(05-21-2016, 07:44 AM)C Plus Wrote: I can't wait till King St. is finished because the amount of excavating traffic going down Louisa is outrageous

Welcome to the WRC forums. Glad you have come to share your views here.
Foundations going in! Smile

[Image: CV5zvsZ.jpg]
(05-21-2016, 07:44 AM)C Plus Wrote: I can't wait till King St. is finished because the amount of excavating traffic going down Louisa is outrageous

Glad to have someone new on the forum here from the neighbourhood! A lot of neighbourhoods like ours are getting heavier traffic while King is closed (along with other streets). Hopefully it will prove a case of short term pain and long term gain. Anyway, not much longer now until parts of King open back up.

Awesome to see progress on this project. Anyone have any wild guesses about completion date?
(05-24-2016, 08:18 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 07:44 AM)C Plus Wrote: I can't wait till King St. is finished because the amount of excavating traffic going down Louisa is outrageous

Glad to have someone new on the forum here from the neighbourhood! A lot of neighbourhoods like ours are getting heavier traffic while King is closed (along with other streets). Hopefully it will prove a case of short term pain and long term gain. Anyway, not much longer now until parts of King open back up.

Awesome to see progress on this project. Anyone have any wild guesses about completion date?

Well they say spring to summer 2017 but I can't see that. I am going with early 2018.
(05-24-2016, 06:35 PM)C Plus Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 08:18 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Glad to have someone new on the forum here from the neighbourhood! A lot of neighbourhoods like ours are getting heavier traffic while King is closed (along with other streets). Hopefully it will prove a case of short term pain and long term gain. Anyway, not much longer now until parts of King open back up.

Well they say spring to summer 2017 but I can't see that. I am going with early 2018.

Ahhh ... Bombardier must be building this one  Confused

(05-24-2016, 06:35 PM)C Plus Wrote: Well they say spring to summer 2017 but I can't see that. I am going with early 2018.

A little less than a year sounds about right. I am looking forward to seeing how this one looks.
(05-25-2016, 10:11 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 06:35 PM)C Plus Wrote: Well they say spring to summer 2017 but I can't see that. I am going with early 2018.

A little less than a year sounds about right. I am looking forward to seeing how this one looks.

Hell, I think the site trailer and the hole in the ground looks better than what was there.
(05-25-2016, 04:00 PM)C Plus Wrote: Hell, I think the site trailer and the hole in the ground looks better than what was there.

But I miss Big General...
(05-25-2016, 08:31 PM)MidTowner Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 04:00 PM)C Plus Wrote: Hell, I think the site trailer and the hole in the ground looks better than what was there.

But I miss Big General...

Just moved down to King St E, no?
(05-25-2016, 09:58 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Just moved down to King St E, no?

Yes, it did. It's near King and Cameron now. But you have to understand that it was not exactly anything special- it was pretty good value, but it's not exactly the type of pizza you get in the car and drive for. Its best attribute was proximity and I miss its proximity. I don't think I wrote about it in any letters home. I am sure it's serving its neighbours in Cedar Hill very well for when they just need to walk around the corner and get a reliable pie.

It's not nice to lose retail space, but I agree with C Plus: what was there wasn't great. Mount Hope will get another pizza place soon enough (on the other side of Weber, Planet Pizza is pretty reliable I think).
What about the pizza joint at 607 King st? I mean do not get attached to them either cause it is a matter of time till they are gone too.

haha Good advice not to get attached to them. I actually ordered an Indian dish from there once. I am no connoisseur of Indian, so no comment. Indian and pizza at the same place struck me as bizarre, but hey.

I think there are reasons why none of these places have been brought up in the 'Best Pizza in Town' thread. But proximity is sometimes as important as anything else.
(05-26-2016, 09:26 PM)MidTowner Wrote: haha Good advice not to get attached to them. I actually ordered an Indian dish from there once. I am no connoisseur of Indian, so no comment. Indian and pizza at the same place struck me as bizarre, but hey.

While vacationing in Portugal, I think we saw three separate restaurants advertising "Indian & Italian cuisine".  They do both start with the letter "I" but we couldn't figure out any other common elements. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »