Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
25 Sportsworld Crossing & 4220 King Street East | 18+14 fl | U/C
Agreed, it should pretty much be a condition of the development. With the ramps you could turn the area into a much more liveable development.

The 401 overpass is a problem that is apparently not wide enough for sidewalks or MUP and the ION, at least that is the excuse listed for the MUP ending at it's most dangerous point. Sadly it is getting renovated so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

(04-14-2022, 07:41 PM)robd Wrote: Agreed, it should pretty much be a condition of the development. With the ramps you could turn the area into a much more liveable development.

Are you talking about this building development the thread is about?
Kind of yes. This and the other development in the area plus those that are being proposed near the old Preston springs hotel.

I know this isn't feasible with the interchange being an MTO responsibility. 

In a grand planning scheme some of the highway interchanges in the area should be closed with true flyovers added. Although I'm not sure which should be closed.
(04-15-2022, 07:08 PM)robd Wrote: I know this isn't feasible with the interchange being an MTO responsibility. 

Well yeah, that's the thing. Highways are managed by the MTO. No developer would be willing to pay the bill for a highway ramp. That's an extremely costly endeavor.
This was approved: https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...hener.html
(04-14-2022, 04:19 PM)Chris Wrote: They definitely need the WB bypass. Remember when the Tu Lane and the gas stations on King opposed the bypass because they'd all go out of business if everyone could just go directly to the 401 and use the ON Route. Using King St to get to the WB 401 is a miserable experience.

... I used to work at the Kitchener Chapters for 3 years when it was down on Gateway, and saw the Tu Lane Street sign every day, and never thought twice about its super weird name. And then I just Googled it and found out there was a restaurant here! TMYK.
They appear to have broken ground here. Fencing was up around the site when I drove by today and a lot of dirt had been moved around.

I was driving by on the 401 today and there appears to be a tower crane or another large crane in use for this development. I went by in late May and they had a shoring rig on site working away so it certainly seems possible that this is at that stage of development.
(08-10-2023, 06:28 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: I was driving by on the 401 today and there appears to be a tower crane or another large crane in use for this development. I went by in late May and they had a shoring rig on site working away so it certainly seems possible that this is at that stage of development.

Yes. Tower crane is up.
What is the crane for?
Building the buildings! :'P
Oh man I got this mixed up with something else 🤦‍♂️
The developer has applied to reduce the unit count of this project by 22. Not sure what the reason is, but that's a shame if they choose to approve that.

(03-14-2024, 03:59 PM)ac3r Wrote: The developer has applied to reduce the unit count of this project by 22. Not sure what the reason is, but that's a shame if they choose to approve that.

Perhaps larger units on higher floors?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »