Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
General Suburban Updates and Rumours
It looks like there used to be a farm field there.

(06-09-2017, 04:41 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: I also noticed on Victoria St while driving out towards Shantz Station that there is a huge area being leveled out there between Greenhouse Rd and Shantz Station Rd.  Is there a subdivision proceeding?

Coke

https://observerxtra.com/2016/11/24/omb-...bdivision/
Isn't that kind of where the Breslau GO station is going to be?
There seems to be significant renovations taking place at the industrial / commercial buildings at 818-824 Victoria St N, this is the building located just East/North of the 85.

Gateman Milloy is doing the work.
(06-12-2017, 03:16 AM)rangersfan Wrote: There seems to be significant renovations taking place at the industrial / commercial buildings at 818-824 Victoria St N, this is the building located just East/North of the 85.

Gateman Milloy is doing the work.

I noticed that myself, but wondered if it was demo for the interchange construction?
This is being reno'd for a local company who leased it recently.
I don't think I've seen it mentioned in WRR, but I see that the local Sikh community is building a pretty substantial new Gurdwara on Townline Road.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/737...en-to-all/

Grab your popcorn...

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/739...er-centre/
Glad to see Waterloo Council managing to avoid most of the craziness.
There is a sign out front of 818-824 Victoria St N saying that it will be the home of Erb and Erb Insurance.
That would be the local company who leased it recently.
(07-06-2017, 11:09 PM)notmyfriends Wrote: That would be the local company who leased it recently.

Is that the old Ball Construction building on Victoria St near Bruce?  I was sure the sign on the road had a different insurance company name.  (Lackner McLennan maybe?) .... or maybe I need to get my glasses checked... LOL

Coke
Lackner McLennan recently bought Erb & Erb but decided to keep the names of both companies.

(07-07-2017, 12:24 PM)nms Wrote: Lackner McLennan recently bought Erb & Erb but decided to keep the names of both companies.

A business decision that, intentionally or not, honours local heritage.
(07-07-2017, 12:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 12:24 PM)nms Wrote: Lackner McLennan recently bought Erb & Erb but decided to keep the names of both companies.

A business decision that, intentionally or not, honours local heritage.

Phew, glad to know the old eye's are still working!

Coke
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »