Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
General Suburban Updates and Rumours
(02-10-2018, 02:15 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: A2018-013 - 65, 71 & 79 Madison Avenue South
Permission to construct a four-storey 38-unit multi-residential development...to permit 40 off-street parking spaces (1.05 spaces/per unit) rather than the required 48 off-street parking spaces (1.25 spaces/per unit).

I would call this urban, it's on Cedar Hill. The lots overlook the Cameron Heights property.

Took this a few days ago, just getting around to posting!

The house at Fischer-Hallman and Ottawa, which has had a salon business on its ground floor for some years now, is taking on a major extension.

[Image: 2s9o.jpg]
I remember that house used to be in such disrepair before the salon took over.
(10-31-2017, 04:18 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: They're at it again in Laurelwood.

Group raises $35,000 to battle city decision on Muslim prayer centre

OMB says Muslim centre opponents can’t remain anonymous
https://www.therecord.com/news-story/833...anonymous/
(03-20-2018, 10:50 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 04:18 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: They're at it again in Laurelwood.

Group raises $35,000 to battle city decision on Muslim prayer centre

OMB says Muslim centre opponents can’t remain anonymous

I'm glad to see that the opponents to the project will be required to pull back the veil, so to speak ...  Wink
(03-20-2018, 10:58 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(03-20-2018, 10:50 AM)tomh009 Wrote: OMB says Muslim centre opponents can’t remain anonymous

I'm glad to see that the opponents to the project will be required to pull back the veil, so to speak ...  Wink

Fear of harassment? I’d say the prayer centre proponents are more likely to be harassed than the people who are trying to stop it.
Apologies for the flip phone photos from moving vehicle.

268 Kingswood Dr:

153 Country Hill Dr (also visible in June 2017 on street view):

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(03-24-2018, 11:47 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Apologies for the flip phone photos from moving vehicle.

268 Kingswood Dr:

The first one almost, and I mean almost, looks like a retirement village. Is this the case? I realize the neighbourhood isn't that type...and probably isn't retirement. Just an observation. Not that the area couldn't use something like that.
There is a new low-rise residential building taking shape (and it looks like it is pretty much closed in) just east of Weber on Erb St in Waterloo. (apologies if this is noted somewhere else)
(03-26-2018, 12:47 PM)nms Wrote: There is a new low-rise residential building taking shape (and it looks like it is pretty much closed in) just east of Weber on Erb St in Waterloo. (apologies if this is noted somewhere else)

I think that's the one that was mentioned here.
(03-24-2018, 03:14 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 11:47 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Apologies for the flip phone photos from moving vehicle.

268 Kingswood Dr:

The first one almost, and I mean almost, looks like a retirement village. Is this the case? I realize the neighbourhood isn't that type...and probably isn't retirement. Just an observation. Not that the area couldn't use something like that.

Nope, it's just billed as luxury apartments: https://www.cpliving.com/apartments/286-kingswood-drive

(They're going to have to take out that "easy access to GRT" bullet if the planned changes to Route 11 go through)
(03-26-2018, 01:59 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: (They're going to have to take out that "easy access to GRT" bullet if the planned changes to Route 11 go through)

There will still be a 201 stop at Kingswood and Block Line.
I just saw this: http://www.waterloo.ca/en/business/Inter...-Acres.asp

This seems like a short sighted decision. If people want to subdivide a lot and build two houses instead of one, making the area slightly more dense, let them?

"Approximately 20 residents from the Colonial Acres / Lexington neighbourhood have submitted comments to staff working on the comprehensive Zoning By-law Review. Resident views are closely aligned, and focussing on the following:
• Keep the area unchanged.
• Carry forward the existing 1976 site specific by-law (applies to a portion of the area).
• Extend the above restriction to the west to include Whitmore, Normandy and Castlefield and also to the east to include Hillside - do not support R1 zoning for these streets.
• Do not permit further lot creation, secondary apartments and only permit single detached units. "

BANANA!
(03-26-2018, 09:26 PM)tomh009 Wrote: "Approximately 20 residents from the Colonial Acres / Lexington neighbourhood have submitted comments to staff working on the comprehensive Zoning By-law Review. Resident views are closely aligned, and focussing on the following:
• Keep the area unchanged.
• Carry forward the existing 1976 site specific by-law (applies to a portion of the area).
• Extend the above restriction to the west to include Whitmore, Normandy and Castlefield and also to the east to include Hillside - do not support R1 zoning for these streets.
• Do not permit further lot creation, secondary apartments and only permit single detached units. "

BANANA!

*sigh*

There's also an article interviewing people who are opposing developments all over the city (including multiple developments directly beside much larger buildings).

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/835...p-not-out/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »