Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
General Suburban Updates and Rumours
Between Health Care Connect, Ontario College of Physicians, and the Region's resources, I still can't find a doctor (anyone know KW doctors, ideally centrally located, taking patients?). So every few weeks, I need to take up clinicians' time to get my prescription, as the pharmacists won't dispense it despite having the power to do so, and the clinics won't give me more than one refill despite having the power to do so.

(07-03-2015, 10:35 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Between Health Care Connect, Ontario College of Physicians, and the Region's resources, I still can't find a doctor (anyone know KW doctors, ideally centrally located, taking patients?). So every few weeks, I need to take up clinicians' time to get my prescription, as the pharmacists won't dispense it despite having the power to do so, and the clinics won't give me more than one refill despite having the power to do so.

Accepting patients:
http://www.themedicalclinic.ca/
(07-03-2015, 10:35 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Between Health Care Connect, Ontario College of Physicians, and the Region's resources, I still can't find a doctor (anyone know KW doctors, ideally centrally located, taking patients?). So every few weeks, I need to take up clinicians' time to get my prescription, as the pharmacists won't dispense it despite having the power to do so, and the clinics won't give me more than one refill despite having the power to do so.

There's one at 564 Belmont (Belmont and Glasgow) that's accepting patients at the moment.  519.894.8800 according to the sign on the lawn out front.
My doctor has an after-hours clinic that she and a few others staff. If we go to any other, regardless of the hours, we risk being kicked out by our doctor for doing so - doctors get billed when a patient goes to an outside clinic. And even when they are open, Telehealth will still send people to the ER unnecessarily.
(07-03-2015, 04:53 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: My doctor has an after-hours clinic that she and a few others staff. If we go to any other, regardless of the hours, we risk being kicked out by our doctor for doing so - doctors get billed when a patient goes to an outside clinic. And even when they are open, Telehealth will still send people to the ER unnecessarily.

This is a consequence of the capitation system by which many family doctors are compensated by OHIP. 

OTOH most after hours clinics are intended for use by people who don't have a family doctor.
http://www.ontario.ca/page/find-family-d...actitioner

http://greaterkwchamber.com/physician-re...physician/
I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but the old school yard on Rosemount Dr, just off River Rd has some building work underway. If I recall correctly, this site is intended to be a townhouse development by the same chap that is doing the Cortes building on King St S. Has anyone seen any plans or renderings for this one?

http://www.countrygreenhomes.com/communi...unt-semis/
(07-17-2015, 09:54 AM)creative Wrote: http://www.countrygreenhomes.com/communi...unt-semis/

Semis - that's interesting.  A bit less dense and more upscale than I would have expected.
Demolition is finishing up on a pretty big portion of the Babcock & Wilcox plant at the Delta in Cambridge.
While in the Shirley Dr area I noticed a number of construction projects:
Monarch Oil - New warehouse - 2216 Shirley Dr
Ball Service Group - Plant addition - 2365 Shirley Dr
Schlueter Acura - New car dealership - 2385 Shirley Dr -(looked nearly complete, or already operating)
Audi- New car dealership - 2340 Shirley Dr - (looked like the shell was nearly complete)
Yes, Crosby is moving their Audi operation to Shirley, Volkswagen will stay at Weber Street.
The gas station at the corner of Union and Weber is completely dug up. It isn't clear whether the main building is being renovated or demolished.

The gas she at Highland and Spadina is currently under construction, looks like major upgrades are in progress.
Looks like the Homer Watson Business Park may have finally begun construction. Didn't get a great view, but it looked liked some of the land bordering Bleams had been graded (there was a concrete pad before, iirc), and theres a proper fence up now blocking the entrance from Homer Watson.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »