Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region of Waterloo Official Plan
(01-07-2019, 09:44 AM)robdrimmie Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 10:38 PM)jeffster Wrote: ....I highly doubt it; for sure Kitchener-Cambridge-Waterloo will be unanimous, but I for sure see Woolwich, Wilmot and North Dumfries not going along with it. Unsure of Wellesley, but that's only because that township really doesn't touch the 3 cities (it kind of touches Waterloo at one corner, but that's it).

Why won't the townships support it? I know very little of township politics outside of the Observer's LRT cartoons.

I suspect Woolwich will....

Glad they aren't supporting it. That's a relief.
Schedule 10 of Bill 66 is dead! Lots of feedback from municipalities, and citizens to their MPs, seem to have been fruitful.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/province-re...-1.4266159
(01-23-2019, 08:04 PM)KevinL Wrote: Schedule 10 of Bill 66 is dead! Lots of feedback from municipalities, and citizens to their MPs, seem to have been fruitful.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/province-re...-1.4266159

This is great news for sure!

Keep in mind however, Bill 66 still contains a lot of anti-consumer garbage....e.g., it no longer limits cell phone terms to two years.
Perfect, just in time for me to renew my cell plan.

Updating the Regional Official Plan

Registration for the Ask-a-Planner Webinar, June 24, 2021 - 6pm
I'll have to make note of this. I'll be curious to see what their forecasted population growth for 2051 is. They previously forecasted around 800'000 by 2040, though that projection was made back in 2016. At the time, the projected forecast for 2016 was already surpassed, so we're definitely growing faster than they predicted.

(06-16-2021, 06:02 PM)ac3r Wrote: I'll have to make note of this. I'll be curious to see what their forecasted population growth for 2051 is. They previously forecasted around 800'000 by 2040, though that projection was made back in 2016. At the time, the projected forecast for 2016 was already surpassed, so we're definitely growing faster than they predicted.
If you register, there is a link to put it on your calendar of choice.
(06-16-2021, 06:02 PM)ac3r Wrote: I'll have to make note of this. I'll be curious to see what their forecasted population growth for 2051 is. They previously forecasted around 800'000 by 2040, though that projection was made back in 2016. At the time, the projected forecast for 2016 was already surpassed, so we're definitely growing faster than they predicted.

I spoke too soon. EngageWR has some details:

Quote:Our population is expected to reach 923,000 people and 470,000 jobs by the year 2051.

https://www.engagewr.ca/regional-official-plan
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »