Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new subdivision in Heidelberg?
2970 Kressler Road, just across Kressler/RR16 from the existing subdivision, is for sale and apparently for development:
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.as...d=15681627

13.3 hectares or 33 acres, probably good for about 100 houses if they have similar lot sizes to the existing subdivisions in Heidelberg.  Or possibly for light industrial use, given the Region's road maintenance yard next door. 

This was originally designated as protected countryside, but the owner appealed that designation way back in 2012.  My guess is that the appeal was upheld, so it's now listed for sale.  I have not seen anything from Wellesley Township indicating any zone change, though, so don't know what the current zoning is.

I hope that before any further developments are built in the smaller towns and villages that an emphasis is put on bringing pilot transit to the area first. If people get used to the transit being there first, they are less likely to get in the habit of simply driving everywhere.
(05-19-2015, 04:03 PM)nms Wrote: I hope that before any further developments are built in the smaller towns and villages that an emphasis is put on bringing pilot transit to the area first.  If people get used to the transit being there first, they are less likely to get in the habit of simply driving everywhere.

Heidelberg and St Clements are really too small to justify any sort of a practical transit arrangement -- there are fewer than 1000 people in Heidelberg, and St Clements is no bigger.

If we were talking about a huge subdivision, I would agree, but we're talking about a maximum of a few hundred additional people in this case, not enough to make transit viable.
Thats a nice walkability score!
(05-19-2015, 07:02 PM)Smore Wrote: Thats a nice walkability score!

The townships are nice for going for a walk ... but there are not many things or places that you can actually walk to. 
With the two small villages so close together, it would definitely be an interesting location to test an on-demand driverless car concept.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »