Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONE28 | 15 fl | U/C
Most people from outside of the region are quite out-of-touch with what's happening here. They went to UW 15 years ago or so, didn't venture outside of the King/University/Westmount/Columbia block, and still think they have the region figured out. It's continues to be all about UW and Blackberry as far as they understand.

How many different renditions of this place have there been over the years? Crazy!
They had tonnes of signs in Uptown advertising registration for this today.
(12-16-2017, 04:41 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: They had tonnes of signs in Uptown advertising registration for this today.

They are about to open a sales centre at The Shops in Waterloo Town Square... I was in yesterday and meant to take a pic but didn't. Next to the new retro video game store.
Anyone want to take a guess how many new renders of this we'll see before it starts getting built?

I'm going to say two more.
I think I have found an updated design render. /s

I like it!!

(10-03-2018, 08:27 PM)Drake Wrote: I think I have found an updated design render. /s

WHAT???  They added an extra storey?

Coke
Anyone know what's going on with this development?  Is it actually moving forward?
This lot has been empty for like 10+ years, I don't even know what the hold up is.

Any other developers would have had something built on it ages ago
(11-19-2018, 05:59 PM)Spokes Wrote: This lot has been empty for like 10+ years, I don't even know what the hold up is.

Any other developers would have had something built on it ages ago

Only 10 years! The former Canadian Tire site on King St E is probably over 20 years, and the lot on King St E between Cedar and Madison has been empty at least 40 years. The lot next to Alexandra school condos (an Auburn property) has also been much more than 10 years in the making. And I think the Arrow 2 property was at least 15 years between the factory outlet closing and the start of excavation.
Alright, alright, you've made your point haha
They have equipment on site and seem to have cleared the foliage

On the ONE28 Website, there is a banner that says, "Construction has started". Their site has been surprisingly active considering the lack of activity on this project. (Link: https://one28.ca/)

I think that CTN Developments' occupancy target for 2020 is quite ambitious.

Honestly, I am surprised that this project is still going considering the number of times that the design has been completely changed.

2019/2020 will certainly be a good year for developments as we have seen key updates on long-awaited and somewhat forgotten projects.

Though this project may not look "appealing" to some, it should connect the gap well between the King/Columbia area, Northdale and the Uptown Core.
Wow, this kinda came out of nowhere.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »