Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regional Council Election Discussion
Regional Council Election Discussion

Running for Regional Chair:
Jay Aissa
Oscar (Oz) Cole-Arnal
Moira-Sharon Magee
Robert F. Milligan
Paul A. Myles
Ken Seiling
John (Johann) Wolf

Running for Regional Council - Cambridge: (2 are elected)
Jane Brewer
Kurt Ditner
John Florence
Helen Jowett
Karl Kiefer
Ron Koenderink

Running for Regional Council - Kitchener: (4 are elected)
Greg Burns
Elizabeth Clarke
Cameron J. Dearlove
Tom Galloway
Geoff Lorentz
Karen Redman
Wayne Wettlaufer

Running for Regional Council - Waterloo: (2 are elected)
Ed Korschewitz
Jane Mitchell
Bob Oberholtzer
Karen Scian
Sean Strickland
Andrew Telegdi

Former MP Karen Redman running for regional council
Aug 27, 2014 | Paul McPhee | 570 News | Link
Quote:A 5th candidate has entered the race for one of the regional council seats for Kitchener.

Former longtime local Liberal MP Karen Redman has filed her papers to run for one of four Kitchener seats up for grabs.
There are a total of 5 candidates seeking a seat.

In addition to Redman, Eric Bohner, Greg Burns, Elizabeth Clarke and Cameron Dearlove are also running.
I think Redman running for public office again is a big deal. She always served the community well as an MP. Im anxious to hear her positions on the issues.
Redman will be a very credible candidate.

Geoff Lorentz announced today that he will seek re-election, according to the Record.
My hope is that we can create a comprehensive list of candidates in each thread for the upcoming election. Please post any candidates you know are running for office in the appropriate thread. Thanks!
The list of candidates can be found at http://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/regio ... idates.asp
Our Kitchener Regional Council all-candidates is going to be

- Wed, Oct 1, 7-9pm : Kitchener candidates for regional council

Again, this will be at the Queen Street Commons.

Also: other than the Rogers debates, does anybody know whether there will be an all-candidates meeting for Regional Chair? There are a bunch of colourful characters running.

I do not know how likely it is that Seiling will be unseated, but our friend Jay Aissa is getting a whole lot of press, and there are lots of people upset about the LRT. I would like to see what the field is like myself.
I don't think he'll get unseated either, but I do know this, sadly, I believe the regional chair election will be a circus.

On a side note there are a ton of experienced people running for the two waterloo seats
pnijjar Wrote:our friend Jay Aissa is getting a whole lot of press, and there are lots of people upset about the LRT.
When is "our friend" going to declare his conflict-of-interest in the LRT project (Jay Fencing is on the LRT route at 29 Northfield Dr W)?

Or in the alternative, when will The Record or The Waterloo Chroniclie expose this conflict?
FYI, I noticed that Jay's campaign office was being setup in the old LCBO outlet on Kingsway Drive.
I heard that too. He must be tossing a bunch of money at this thing.
Just got my first Jay Aissa robo-call. Why do I keep picking up the phone when I don't recognize the number?

ookpik Wrote:
pnijjar Wrote:our friend Jay Aissa is getting a whole lot of press, and there are lots of people upset about the LRT.
When is "our friend" going to declare his conflict-of-interest in the LRT project (Jay Fencing is on the LRT route at 29 Northfield Dr W)?

Or in the alternative, when will The Record or The Waterloo Chroniclie expose this conflict?

Officially, doesn't it only become a conflict of interest after he's elected? And didn't all the media coverage start because Aissa claimed losing left-turn access would harm his business?
greybird Wrote:Officially, doesn't it only become a conflict of interest after he's elected?
So if he manages to get elected based on his anti-LRT platform his first order of business will be to recuse himself from any LRT-related matters due to his conflict of interest as an elected official? Confusedhock:
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »