Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
(05-31-2021, 02:33 PM)KingandWeber Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:05 PM)ac3r Wrote: I know it's simple physics and all that, but I'm still always amazed how cranes can lift such heavy objects at such seemingly strange angles.

And while this building is not in any way architecturally interesting, it doesn't look that bad in my opinion. It won't win an RAIC, but it fits here. It does a good job blending in with the original architecture of the factory. The colours and facade/window materials they used really work well. It looks fairly acceptable next to the old rowhouses, the single family homes, the modernist retirement home, The York building, the Bread and Roses Co-op apartment, all the old churches and that building that is on David street that looks like something from a Parisian banlieue. It's a pretty diverse city block of both old and new with a very broad range of architectural styles and tenants of varying economic "classes". Vive also has 242 Queen going up which will add a contemporary building to the mix. Overall, this area is growing nicely.

Spoiler alert, the block between Benton/Hebel/St George/Courtland should be seeing some action in the near future as well :'P...so this will be a very dense residential area. I doubt anything around Queen and Market Station's will be recognizable within 10 years.

Music to my ears! That overgrown, litter-strewn lot across from the Arrow buildings is begging for some redevelopment love.
Savic Homes seem to have some townhouses planned in the Courtland and Benton neighbourhood as well https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/db/savic_homes
I don't think it's the same as the lot mentioned above.  Probably building on some consolidated lots on Courtland.

(06-02-2021, 03:28 PM)519 Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:33 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Music to my ears! That overgrown, litter-strewn lot across from the Arrow buildings is begging for some redevelopment love.
Savic Homes seem to have some townhouses planned in the Courtland and Benton neighbourhood as well https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/db/savic_homes
I don't think it's the same as the lot mentioned above.  Probably building on some consolidated lots on Courtland.
I hope that doesn't mean that the European Deli and Convenience will close !!
(06-02-2021, 03:38 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 03:28 PM)519 Wrote: Savic Homes seem to have some townhouses planned in the Courtland and Benton neighbourhood as well https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/db/savic_homes

I hope that doesn't mean that the European Deli and Convenience will close !!

More likely it's across the street from Jasna's; a bunch of those properties were consolidated and for sale recently.
(05-31-2021, 02:33 PM)KingandWeber Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:05 PM)ac3r Wrote: I know it's simple physics and all that, but I'm still always amazed how cranes can lift such heavy objects at such seemingly strange angles.

And while this building is not in any way architecturally interesting, it doesn't look that bad in my opinion. It won't win an RAIC, but it fits here. It does a good job blending in with the original architecture of the factory. The colours and facade/window materials they used really work well. It looks fairly acceptable next to the old rowhouses, the single family homes, the modernist retirement home, The York building, the Bread and Roses Co-op apartment, all the old churches and that building that is on David street that looks like something from a Parisian banlieue. It's a pretty diverse city block of both old and new with a very broad range of architectural styles and tenants of varying economic "classes". Vive also has 242 Queen going up which will add a contemporary building to the mix. Overall, this area is growing nicely.

Spoiler alert, the block between Benton/Hebel/St George/Courtland should be seeing some action in the near future as well :'P...so this will be a very dense residential area. I doubt anything around Queen and Market Station's will be recognizable within 10 years.

Music to my ears! That overgrown, litter-strewn lot across from the Arrow buildings is begging for some redevelopment love.

Would be very exciting!  That would change things dramatically.
This building has a final name now, it'll be The Bow. There's some interior renders at http://stoneriseconstruction.com/project/the-bow/ .
The Bow and the Arrow (Lofts). Developing a sense of humour, are they?
Hopefully they will start to develop their projects as quick as their humour !

The Bow and Arrow? Charming.
I’m sorry, but this is just plain UGLY.
"Now Renting" signs are now on the building.
People moving in now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »