Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
(04-06-2017, 05:21 PM)amylu416 Wrote: Spoke to someone about the details whether it would be for rental or purchase and they said no confirmed answer yet but if they were rentals then they would be luxury and modern rentals similar to their rentals at Barrel Yards.

I can confirm that it will be rental units.

And it looks like permit 16-131901 RM has now been issued for the foundation work.

Interesting. They certainly feel after BarrelYards that there's a market. They're probably right.
They also own the 31 Alexandra Ave property in Waterloo.
It looks like they are getting ready: some of the trees bordering the row houses have been cut down to provide room for construction.

Thats a case where it's good to see some trees come down - they were a bit of a mess.
Much later ... but it seems all the paperwork is now in order and construction is finally ready to start.

Thanks for the update. Has anyone seen a project render < 5 years old?

I can't even remember how many storeys it's supposed to be. Wasn't the height considerably reduced from what was originally proposed?
It'll be 15 floors. Wasn't that the original proposal, too?
I think you're right. Wasn't the proposal down to eight storeys at some point? Perhaps I am mis-remembering.
Not sure whether there was some interim form. As it is, it'll top out a little but above the (effectively, at the bottom) 10-storey Arrow Lofts, which has high ceilings for the first four floors and also sits at a somewhat higher elevation.
(09-18-2017, 02:21 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Thanks for the update. Has anyone seen a project render < 5 years old?

For those who haven't seen it, this is the only render I have seen - it would be > 5 years old though. According to my count, this is 16 stories.

Underground parking???

(09-18-2017, 06:04 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Underground parking???

Shared with Phase 1's structure, surely.
(09-18-2017, 08:32 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 06:04 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Underground parking???

Shared with Phase 1's structure, surely.

Parking is part podium (between the building and Clemens Lane), part underground.  Essentially separate from the existing parking (which it really needs to be, given that one building is a condo and the other one rental, and each one has its own security).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »