Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
(09-18-2017, 08:51 PM)tomh009 Wrote:  given that one building is a condo and the other one rental, and each one has its own security

Ah, hadn't realized. So it's properly two separate structures entirely...

Thanks Highlander that is the render I remember seeing, and I thought it was originally proposed to be 16 stories. I can't find any real information on the project online.
I came across this render from different angle while looking for something else:

The documents are from 2015, but I don't know how old the render is.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Can’t say I’m a fan, very Westmount Grand-ish.
(10-07-2017, 08:42 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: Can’t say I’m a fan, very Westmount Grand-ish.

Could be Drewlo....
This is barely above Drewlo. Auburn has a tendency of using lots of stucco too.

Looks a lot like the Regency on Weber st
I am hoping something else is being built here based on the render 16+ stories and the permit is for 15.

(10-09-2017, 06:59 AM)rangersfan Wrote: I am hoping something else is being built here based on the render 16+ stories and the permit is for 15.

I'm really not sure what we could expect for rentals. Rarely are rentals outstanding looking. Whatever the case, it's needed and will only help the downtown core, and I'm sure it won't be horrible looking.
(10-09-2017, 02:44 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 06:59 AM)rangersfan Wrote: I am hoping something else is being built here based on the render 16+ stories and the permit is for 15.

I'm really not sure what we could expect for rentals.  Rarely are rentals outstanding looking. Whatever the case, it's needed and will only help the downtown core, and I'm sure it won't be horrible looking.

Even for condos, most people are not buying based on the building exterior visuals. It's location, price, location, interior, location, amenities and location ...
A construction office trailer has been set up on site.

There also fencing around the vacant lot across the street where the condo residences have been parking. I'm assuming this is to provide extra parking capacity and security while phase 2 is under construction.
Construction fencing is up, equipment is arriving, old fencing is cut down.  No hole in the ground yet but definitely a lot of activity this week.

It's funny, I used to bus past here all the time, but now that the 22 and 11 have returned to Charles I haven't been by here for some time now.
Going bye last night it doesn't seem like things have started here yet.

Sidewalk closed with no warning signs.  I wouldn't be as big an issue if Benton wasn't stupidly overbuilt.

*sigh*.

It also wouldn't have been an issue if there wasn't a snow berm on the other side.
There used to be signs, at least a couple of weeks ago. Sadly the closure is probably until the end of this year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »