Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Barrel Yards | 25 fl | U/C
Do you know if there will still be the 18 story apartment?

(06-17-2016, 10:59 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Do you know if there will still be the 18 story apartment?

Not sure.
(06-17-2016, 05:29 PM)Cmb Wrote: Correct, both the Cooperage and Onyx first towers are fully open for occupancy. The second towers of each will be next, and then supposedly they are doing a 10 story residential next. Not sure of the status of the two office towers and second hotel. The Townhouse will be last.

One of the two proposed office buildings was dropped last year, was it not?
Cooperage and Onyx face FDB right?

So Cooperage 2 and Onyx 2 are the other towers? Talk about lack of creative naming haha.
(06-19-2016, 09:38 AM)Spokes Wrote: Cooperage and Onyx face FDB right?  

So Cooperage 2 and Onyx 2 are the other towers?  Talk about lack of creative naming haha.

But one of those pairs (Cooperage 1/2 maybe?) was planned to be a condo, so that would have been the distinction for the naming.
(06-19-2016, 09:38 AM)Spokes Wrote: Cooperage and Onyx face FDB right?  

So Cooperage 2 and Onyx 2 are the other towers?  Talk about lack of creative naming haha.
Yeah, I think they're technically "Tower A", "Tower B" etc. but still, both towers in each set are branded Cooperage/Onyx. Rolleyes
(06-19-2016, 10:12 AM)tomh009 Wrote: But one of those pairs (Cooperage 1/2 maybe?) was planned to be a condo, so that would have been the distinction for the naming.
My understanding is that both of the Onyx towers were/are planned to be condos.

(06-20-2016, 11:08 PM)Cmb Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 10:12 AM)tomh009 Wrote: But one of those pairs (Cooperage 1/2 maybe?) was planned to be a condo, so that would have been the distinction for the naming.
My understanding is that both of the Onyx towers were/are planned to be condos.

They were approved for condos, but Auburn elected to use them as rental units, for now.
WOW, I see we have couple smart members here!! CMB and rangersfan, I can 100% confirm your comments on page 8 and 9. Very impressive, especially CMB's analysis about one tower prioritize to another, god you are smart!! Just because I know the owner.
I'm hearing that the word according to the rental office is that Onyx 2 will be open for occupancy in September.
Beside Onyx 2 along the rec center parking lot there is a level area that I believe is above a level or so of parking. On the surface of this area pieces of tower cranes are being stored. I suspect that if it’s still in the plans the 18 story apartment would be going here, but there is no active work to suggest that element of the project will be completed anytime soon.
The remaining crane is coming down today.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Taken this morning

Attached Files Image(s)

Seeing Sixo and the proposed plans for midtown had me thinking about the Barrelyards. What are opinions on this development? I remember when it was announced and I was working across the street it sounded amazingly exciting but I haven't heard much about it lately.
I'm sure some of its residents are happy (a coworker lives there). But I'm not particularly interested in paying $1700+ for a 1bedroom, or $2K-3K+ for a 2bedroom
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »