Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"LRTs displace all the poor people"?
I think about displacement like a dinner table. Husband and wife eat dinner each night for many years, and then baby comes along with his high chair, brother moves in with his sibling, grandparent moves in. We don't have any one of these people kick husband and wife out of the dinner table, we find ways to make the table bigger, to fit more people in. This is hard enough in any area with anti-change attitudes. When 1/3 of your core is also heritage, it's another level of no-go zones and entrenched mindsets to deal with. Unless you build more space, every person who comes here does so by kicking someone else from the table, and every person here shaking their finger at it also kicked someone else from the table to get here earlier on, too.

"And just as My Father has granted Me a kingdom, I grant that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
"LRTs displace all the poor people"? - by ookpik - 11-06-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: "LRTs displace all the poor people"? - by nms - 01-28-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: "LRTs displace all the poor people"? - by Viewfromthe42 - 01-28-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: "LRTs displace all the poor people"? - by nms - 01-29-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: "LRTs displace all the poor people"? - by nms - 05-09-2016, 01:17 PM
RE: "LRTs displace all the poor people"? - by nms - 04-10-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: "LRTs displace all the poor people"? - by nms - 04-20-2017, 11:28 PM