Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
659 Stirling Ave
659 Stirling Avenue
http://stirlingsuites.ca/
Onyx Property Group
6 story mix use building

Building permit has been issued for this long rumoured project. I thought we had a thread for this project but i couldn't find it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Isn't this on a flood plain?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(05-21-2016, 09:08 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Isn't this on a flood plain?

I wouldn't have thought so, although that might explain why the site has sat undeveloped for half a century or more.
Just outside the engineered plain according to the GRCA site:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Foundation is complete, and the walls are up for the first storey.
Am I correct in thinking that this building is no longer mixed use?
(06-13-2016, 12:14 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that this building is no longer mixed use?

I don't recall ever reading that it was going to be anything but single use...

(06-13-2016, 01:06 PM)Markster Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 12:14 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that this building is no longer mixed use?

I don't recall ever reading that it was going to be anything but single use...

Maybe I'm wrong - I thought the plan at one time was for a convenience  store and other uses on the ground floor.  Maybe I'm thinking of a different building.
They had originally advertised mixed use
Have just passed the site again, signs there state "with commercial space"!
The web site says "2,100 square feet of commercial space...a total of 30 units with a mix of one and two bedroom suites." Very nice. We need more buildings like that.
(06-13-2016, 08:44 PM)MidTowner Wrote: The web site says "2,100 square feet of commercial space...a total of 30 units with a mix of one and two bedroom suites." Very nice. We need more buildings like that.

I live near this building, and driving past it I do question where they are going to put cars, not only for the rental, but retail as well. Doesn't seem to be much space for anything. Unless they're building spots on the other side of the retaining wall, but I'm guessing 20 parking spots at the most. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. Huh
There seems be to a small garage (overhang) behind the first floor units and there where two large straight trucks maneuvering in the lot behind the building today

Construction has reached the fourth storey.
I remember going by and reading the signs stating occupancy January 2015 (or was it 2016) and thinking for the tenants it was going to be fairly uncomfortable lying in the snow.

Glad to see this property utilized.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »