Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Catalyst137
Red Circle Brewing Co is the name of the company opening the brew pub, it is owned by the Ignite Group. They also own the Rich Uncle Tavern, Red Circle Coffee Co and Graffiti Market.

http://www.redcirclebrewing.ca/

It will be interesting to see if the restaurant, store and coffee shop will be able to generate a "destination" at Catalyst 137. The location is not top of mind, but then neither is the Smile Tiger on Ahrens and it's busy all the time.
Smile Tiger is seen by hundreds of people every week who get off the Go train and have to walk at least some distance when they do. There's little visibility for that part of Glasgow- there is probably zero foot traffic directly in front of that spot, given that the street only has a sidewalk on the other side...

So, I'm curious too whether this attracts a lot of folks who don't work in the building, and turns the spot into an attraction.
On the other hand, it's right beside the IHT.
You would be surprised how much foot traffic is in the area from people coming/going to/from the IHT, Sun Life, GRH, Belmont Village, etc. And while it doesn't continue all the way up Glasgow, there is a MUT in front of Catalyst on that side of the road.
(06-13-2018, 09:06 AM)panamaniac Wrote: It will be interesting to see if the restaurant, store and coffee shop will be able to generate a "destination" at Catalyst 137.   The location is not top of mind, but then neither is the Smile Tiger on Ahrens and it's busy all the time.

I'm curious about this too, because I'll be honest, it's definitely not somewhere that jumps to MY mind as a place to go
(06-14-2018, 09:46 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: You would be surprised how much foot traffic is in the area from people coming/going to/from the IHT, Sun Life, GRH, Belmont Village, etc. And while it doesn't continue all the way up Glasgow, there is a MUT in front of Catalyst on that side of the road.

I didn't know that was an MUT. It just looks like an orphaned stretch of asphalt.

To be honest, I don't think I thought much before I made my comment, just saw an opportunity to complain that Glasgow only has a sidewalk on one side of the street on that stretch. It seems a bit ridiculous to me. You're right that there are plenty of people walking on Glasgow to Belmont (albeit necessarily on the other side from Catalyst).

Yes, sidewalks … we should have more of them. But I think 137 will be readily visible to the hundreds of people who walk on the other side of the street every day!
Graffiti Market at Catalyst 137 will be open August 3 (ribbon cutting August 22): https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/...xperience/

Apparently you'll order from an "Internet of Things-equipped table".
FleetCarma will be moving it's office to Catalyst 137 in early 2019. The company currently has 50 employees and plans to hire an additional 100 in the coming months.

https://news.communitech.ca/fleetcarma-t...employees/
The Record article on that same news indicates that Catalyst137 is nearing capacity.

"Only about 80,000 square feet of space remains available in the 450,000-square-foot building. And two deals currently in negotiations will take up 60,000 of that"
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Has anyone been to the restaurant inside Catalyst? Is it open to public?
(12-14-2018, 12:13 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Has anyone been to the restaurant inside Catalyst? Is it open to public?

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...20&page=96

#1436 et seq.   Yes, it is open to the public.

If you go check it out, ask for a booth and check out the smart display in the tables. Pretty neat. Food is very good there IMO, maybe on the pricier side of average.
Right on, seems innovate. I may have to check it out!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »