Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
324 Highland RD.W Kitchener "Kitchener Plaza"
There seems to be a major facelift happening on the outside of the Subway®/Toppers pizza® part of the plaza, The green roof has been torn off most of the building except the store fronts, the plaza sign has been taken down except for the posts and there are huge holes in the sidewalks through out the plaza I think for electrical work?. I think the sidewalks are also being leveled up to the doors to get rid of the steps to make it accessible for everyone Smile  the Pet Valu® side of the plaza has the inner ceiling type roof ripped out. Also I don't know if I'm the only one that didn't know this, Only part of the plaza is owned by Sobeys (Crombie REIT) the only part they own is Sobeys, Dollar Mart, H&B Security, TD bank and the unit behind/beside TD. The rest is Owned by Goudy Real estate Corp.

(07-31-2016, 07:36 PM)TMKM94 Wrote: Only part of the plaza is owned by Sobeys (Crombie REIT) the only part they own is Sobeys, Dollar Mart, H&B Security, TD bank and the unit behind/beside TD. The rest is Owned by Goudy Real estate Corp.

That's the original plaza.  The rest were built much later, maybe late 1980s or early 1990s if my memory serves me right.
What is now the LCBO used to be a standalone unit not connected to the plaza. It was originally a Mother's Pizza, then a Keg Steakhouse.
There is a new Restaurant called
Indo Hakka Corner Opening in the former Herbal Magic Unit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »