Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downtown outdoor spaces
That is quite nice actually.

Where is this? I'm sure I'll kick myself when I hear the answer, but I cannot think of what KCL stands for. I will allow some denigration if you tell me the answer Smile

I think he might mean KPL - Kitchener Public Library?
(06-19-2016, 06:19 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: That is quite nice actually.

Where is this? I'm sure I'll kick myself when I hear the answer, but I cannot think of what KCL stands for. I will allow some denigration if you tell me the answer Smile

I should have said "KPL", perhaps - its beside the entry ramp at the Library downtown, on the grounds of the old jail/Governor's House.
Oh okay. Phew! Thought I was grossly unawares.

Thank you
This project seems to fit in with this theme.

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/710621...een-street
It will be interesting to see what they come up with for that important bit of Downtown. The narrowness of the street and sidewalks presents a challenge, istm.
(02-06-2017, 09:54 PM)rangersfan Wrote: This project seems to fit in with this theme.

"The redesign would run along Queen from Duke Street to Charles, and include Goudies Lane on both sides of Queen Street, a small city-owned plot at Duke and Charles"

At Duke and Charles?  That's surely not right.  What intersection are they referring to?  The small parking lot at Queen and Charles maybe?  (Which certainly could use some sprucing up!)

(02-07-2017, 10:22 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 09:54 PM)rangersfan Wrote: This project seems to fit in with this theme.

"The redesign would run along Queen from Duke Street to Charles, and include Goudies Lane on both sides of Queen Street, a small city-owned plot at Duke and Charles"

At Duke and Charles?  That's surely not right.  What intersection are they referring to?  The small parking lot at Queen and Charles maybe?  (Which certainly could use some sprucing up!)

I think they made an error and they're actually referring to the Vogelsang Green at the corner of Queen and Duke.
The article said Duke and Charles AND Vogelsang Green ...
(02-07-2017, 12:57 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: I think they made an error and they're actually referring to the Vogelsang Green at the corner of Queen and Duke.

They explicitly mention Vogelsang separately in the next phrase, so I'm not sure what they mean here. Perhaps the touch of greenery on the northeast corner of Queen and Charles?
(02-07-2017, 02:01 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 12:57 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: I think they made an error and they're actually referring to the Vogelsang Green at the corner of Queen and Duke.

They explicitly mention Vogelsang separately in the next phrase, so I'm not sure what they mean here. Perhaps the touch of greenery on the northeast corner of Queen and Charles?

Queen and Charles? (There is (was) a 8 spot city lot there).

Coke
(02-07-2017, 01:20 PM)Canard Wrote: City to spend $900K sprucing up ‘tired’ section of Queen Street - The Record

I wonder if this will include a re-do (somehow?) of the problematic corner at Charles/Queen.

Problematic?  Do you mean the sidewalk on the SW corner?  I think more likely it's a rework of the tiny parking lot on the NE corner.
There now seems to be a preferred plan for the proposed Queen St redesign:

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/750...en-street/

More information can be found here, including a link to the ~80 MB report: http://www.kitchener.ca/en/Calendar/Coun...18a1ed1e83

Just went through and read the entire plan - this is amazing! I couldn't have asked for anything better, and I'm so happy I finally go to offer input on something like this. This section of Queen will be beautiful and should make for a great walk from one side of downtown to the other. The only unfortunate part I'd say is that the trees on the vogelsang green will be need to be torn down, but it looks like with the new ones planted and the ampitheatre, it should more than make up for it!

Was fun reading through the comments in the report.... some angry old coot was complaining about everything. "I don't ever go downtown. We don't need any of this. Turn it all into parking".

Now, let's get some nice businesses to move into the American Hotel Block....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »