Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Business Updates and News
It's true. Like it or not, new workforces are drawn to LRT

That is a big score for Waterloo.
And a huge blow for Cambridge
I thought the official line, for some years now, has been that it doesn’t matter where in the Region companies locate as long as the stay in the Region. Or is that just the Kitchener view of things.
(03-07-2019, 09:05 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I thought the official line, for some years now, has been that it doesn’t matter where in the Region companies locate as long as the stay in the Region.  Or is that just the Kitchener view of things.

I'm quite sure that wouldn't be Cambridge's view.
I guess another question to ask would be: If this company had found an equivalent space in Cambridge (ie repurposed industrial space with all the fixings for the right price), would they have simply located there?
Definitely then becomes a question of geographic location compared to office space.

I'd be curious, although you'd likely never get that answer
SAP is expanding in Waterloo.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/943...-waterloo/
(06-16-2019, 11:39 AM)rangersfan Wrote: SAP is expanding in Waterloo.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/943...-waterloo/

Bad news for their customers … Tongue
Intellijoint Surgical has launched a med tech startup in part of the Christie Digital building. I think this is incredibly positive news for the region/industry.

https://betakit.com/intellijoint-surgica...-waterloo/
(06-18-2019, 09:16 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Intellijoint Surgical has launched a med tech startup in part of the Christie Digital building. I think this is incredibly positive news for the region/industry.

https://betakit.com/intellijoint-surgica...-waterloo/
WOW, great news for sure.  Thank you for sharing this.
Found out that unfortunately Canadian Tire's Digital Garage (Innovation lab) in Downtown Kitchener is shutting down on October 10.

(10-06-2019, 02:27 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Found out that unfortunately Canadian Tire's Digital Garage (Innovation lab) in Downtown Kitchener is shutting down on October 10.

This has been located in the Ziggy's building, right? How many people are there? (I suspect those people will have no trouble at all finding new jobs.)
(10-06-2019, 09:50 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 02:27 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Found out that unfortunately Canadian Tire's Digital Garage (Innovation lab) in Downtown Kitchener is shutting down on October 10.

This has been located in the Ziggy's building, right? How many people are there? (I suspect those people will have no trouble at all finding new jobs.)

The software engineers will certainly find new jobs quickly, demand continues to be high in KW. But I'm very curious why it's shutting down. They've historically been the poster child of success for Communitech's innovation lab model, having even outgrown their space in the hub and moved out on their own. I wonder if that model might not be the success it used to be.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »