Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
The Gaslight District | completed
This project has started?

An agreement has been reached between the developer and heritage advocates, including some significant improvements.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/885...cambridge/
I am confused.... I heard the radio announcement this morning that this is now proceeding.

When I drove thru on Saturday (down Water St from Brantford), there was a tower crane, and a building at about 6 stories.

Is there another development right there?

Coke
(08-21-2018, 09:43 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: I am confused.... I heard the radio announcement this morning that this is now proceeding.

When I drove thru on Saturday (down Water St from Brantford), there was a tower crane, and a building at about 6 stories.  

Is there another development right there?

Coke

The 6 storey building is a seniors residence, not part of HIP's Gaslight project.
(08-21-2018, 10:17 AM)JeffH Wrote: The 6 storey building is a seniors residence, not part of HIP's Gaslight project.

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the confusion.

Coke
Any updates on this? Since changing jobs, I unfortunately don't get to this end of Cambridge as much as I'd like.
I still can't believe some group of people thought it was a good name for a condo.

Was good enough to sell out evidently! I have not been around that area for a little while, also curious to see where the project is at.

I was by a few weeks ago and took a picture... the building looks a lot like a holiday inn to me. This was taken from the parking lot just off Grand Avenue looking west.
Hmmm. Not quite what I would have expected (or hoped for) based on the renders on their web site. It looks pretty grim at the moment, hopefully it will be much better once they clad the current precast concrete.
I don't believe that building is part of the Gaslight district. I think it is a different developer, based on website sight plan but maybe
I am wrong

http://thegaslightcondos.ca/the-district/
Ya that's not what the images looked like. I'm curious
The building pictured is actually the Seasons Retirement Residence under-construction on Fraser Ave. Right next door to the Gaslight development however. 

More info and a render can be found here: New seniors' development in west Galt

Does look like stucco, and very Holiday-Inn like 

**EDIT: I think I'm actually mistaken, they appear to have used brick/stonework on the bottom two levels? Stucco the rest of the floors though Sad

[Image: 11-23-gkzzs-vnn4o.jpg]

Makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying
Sounds like construction is about to start on the first condo tower.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/cons...-1.4548390
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »