Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
345 King St W Redevelopment
I guess this is confirmation from the General Kitchener thread about the selling of the parking lot at 345 King St W in Kitchener:
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6979...tech-area/
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

The most interesting proposal, not the highest bid, will win. Good on the Kitchener council!
That is exciting looking forward to hearing more information when it becomes available. Also having a condition that construction must begin in one year is nice but I hope it doesn’t limit the proposals.
I'm always worried about "fit with the surrroundings" being a qualifier for a downtown. If you can't grow, change, develop, accommodate others different than you in a downtown, where in the city can you possibly do it? The most interesting proposal and the best fit with what's already there are typically at odds with each other.
Splitting out a new thread. This isn't just about parking anymore!
Especially with the requirement for parking, I think chances are good that a developer would try to consolidate with the single-storey commercial property next to it. (Which would be a shame as it has four great businesses, but it's also still inevitable that it would get redeveloped one way or another.)
The single storey building next to it is already owned by Perimeter, so I think it's very likely they will try hard to acquire 345. I think they're angling for a large project or two that takes most of that block, given they currently own every building on that block (both sides of Hall's lane) except for the TD building.

Given that they own those two other properties should give Perimeter some additional capability to make a more "interesting" proposal and secure 345 King W.
Wow, very interesting. I was always under the impression from the KW book store comments that this had already been sold. Interesting to see it isn't. Hope for some cool proposals
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »