Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(07-12-2017, 12:00 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: I think the original hope by the region was to get the route approved quickly before politicians switched into 2018 re-election mode and while the provincial and federal taps are gushing. Now with this bit of political theatre I think the approach by the region will be to slow things down so the final decision is after the 2018 elections and the politicians can then claim both standing up for constituents and taking a sober second thought before ultimately making a logical and sound choice on the routing with the hope that all will be forgotten or put in perspective come 2022 elections.

I still wish somebody would explain why the original EA for the entire Conestoga to Cambridge route that was almost done before the TPA for just the K-W portion was started couldn’t have been completed. It seems like we could have had an approved EA for the entire route by now, and maybe money for detailed design of the Cambridge portion could have already been found so that we would now have a shovel- (and money-) ready project.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 07-12-2017, 10:53 PM