Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(05-02-2018, 02:26 PM)Canard Wrote: I was thinking more of Siemens' SIPEM (H-Bahn) - I rode two of these systems in Germany last year (photo thread, and they're fantastic.  You can't get a guideway much slimmer than this...

But yeah, people hate everything, so I never considered anything other than LRT to be the choice (as it was with Phase 1).

"AM Wood" made me LOL.  I'll have to remember that one for future.  Big Grin

Those are awesomely slim guideways. One thing I notice about that design is that the switch doesn’t take up much space either — very different from the massive switch installations you see on something like the Las Vegas monorail, with two whole segments of track that slide in and out of position. I wonder if those Siemens switches can be forced or if they need to be lined before being entered trailing-point?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 05-02-2018, 04:33 PM