Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(12-01-2018, 12:12 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 11:48 AM)KevinT Wrote: I never even thought of it that way, but thanks!  Incidentally the federal rule was always that if the provinces wouldn't implement the tax the feds would do it for them.  This was known long before Doug scrapped Ontario's cap and trade.

Subject to the outcome of the current court challenges by several provinces, that remains the plan.

Subject to the court challenge, yes. But most legal experts expect the challenge to fail, as the federal government is within its constitutional rights to do this. (I'm not a lawyer, so just repeating what I have been reading for the past six months or so.) But given that the Ontario government has a large surplus and nothing else that needs funding, it's probably a great plan to spend the money on lawyers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by tomh009 - 12-03-2018, 11:54 AM