Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
[/url]I keep meaning to post this listing at 153 Union Street East.

[url=https://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Office/17786472/153-Union-Street-E-Waterloo-Ontario-N2J1C4]I posted sometime last year (it may have been erroneously in the Urban Kitchener thread- this is on the borderlands, just barely in Waterloo) that trees at the back of the lot adjacent to the Spur Line Trail were being cleared, and I heard the rumour that it was to build new office space behind the existing.

Quote:2.0 acres high profile redevelopment site in Waterloo on Union Street East near Weber Street North. New Official Plan proposed zoning is C-2 allows for high density residential/mixed use neighbourhood commercial. Within minutes of Conestoga Expressway (Hwy 85). Ideal for main floor commercial and up to 12 storeys residential at density up to 242 bedrooms per acre. 11,500 sq ft vacant professional office building currently on site. Located on public transit route and few blocks from two future ION light rail transit stops.

The price tag of $5.5 million seems extremely steep to me considering the fact that the existing office building reads as an afterthought. There have been 'for lease' signs on the building for some time.

It would be nice to think those few one-floor office plazas and their seas of parking out front could one day be redeveloped to something more urban; 12 storeys residential above commercial is a beautiful dream. But that price boggles my mind for a redevelopment lot. Maybe I'm the one off base-but the description of the location in relation to Ion is a little generous.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - by MidTowner - 03-14-2017, 07:28 PM