Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
Agreed.  They look cheesy.  Tree Lights

Picture from the Waterloo Chronicle October 3rd, 2018 

Let there be lights: With a flick of the switch, King Street in uptown Waterloo is transformed

I like them ... imagine larger trees after 5, 10, 15 years of growth ... will be nice when snow is happening. 

[Image: MxbXSm1.jpg]
(10-04-2018, 11:44 PM)MacBerry Wrote: Picture from the Waterloo Chronicle October 3rd, 2018 

Let there be lights: With a flick of the switch, King Street in uptown Waterloo is transformed

I like them ... imagine larger trees after 5, 10, 15 years of growth ... will be nice when snow is happening. 

[Image: MxbXSm1.jpg]

I think they were jealous of the light show in Kitchener and wanted to do something similar.  /S

This image is from Canard's twitter.
https://twitter.com/canardiain/status/89...6082667520

[Image: DHOu25RUwAArrv5.jpg]
Is that the altered one or the real one? I can't remember.
LOL @chutten ... I was trying to figure out if this was legit, or the photo shopped one....

Coke
I'm about 90% certain this is the real one. It would make an amazing jigsaw puzzle.
(10-05-2018, 02:32 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: I'm about 90% certain this is the real one. It would make an amazing jigsaw puzzle.

I'm quite certain this is not the real one.  The backs of lights are turned into front facing lights.

While the density of lights is really high in that section, it also appears much worse in the photo due to the telephoto lens compressing the distance between the lights.
The welcome to Waterloo sign is back but tarped over. Also noticed a bunch of new shelters installed at King/Bridgeport and a new one by the curve in the tracks at Waterloo square.
I see that the Waterloo Hotel is closing this weekend. Victim of the Delta?
People will say victim of LRT I'm sure. Saw it during Doors Open and it was beautiful, absolutely. Of course, my mind immediately goes to wonder about ownership of the building and its surrounds, and what this might mean for that iconic corner.
It's one owner for that whole building right? Symposium and all?

I assume the building is heritage protected?
It's got to be.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »