Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
I have no idea, but I have an interesting anecdote about Loop Clothing.

Last week, I was at Kabelsalat, and happened to end up chatting with the owner of Loop.
It turns out, when the windstorm hit and damaged the building, he already had possession of the building on King St that Loop has since moved into. For some years, he had been on friendly terms with the previous owner/tenant of the King St building, and had a standing offer of "when you think it's time to retire, let me know, and I'll buy your building". That eventually came to pass, and the owner of Loop started considering his options for a new business to open up on King St, in addition to keeping Loop Clothing on Princess. That's roughly where he was when the windstorm condemned McMullan's. Pretty quickly, the plan changed to move Loop into the new space.
Another interesting piece is that it seems the insurance companies were up to their usual tricks, and were maintaining that the damage to the building was not due to the windstorm, but rather due to improper maintenance of the roof trestle. That's part of why it took a while before we saw serious repair work; the owner of the building had to finish duking it out with the insurance company.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - by Markster - 03-23-2015, 01:26 PM