Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
The way some people talk on this forum, I feel like it's important to draw a line in the sand sooner rather than later on heritage as I don't trust that they would not wholeheartedly advocate the tearing down of anything, anywhere, even if it is the last building of its kind in the Region or the world.

I'm less certain than I am about this building than others, though. I don't see the aesthetic appeal, though I recognize that's at least partly my own sense of aesthetics talking. But a manufacturing facility left so close to Uptown might be worth preserving.

I find it interesting that this is a good example of adaptive reuse. I wish there was some way to know what the conversation was when the Legion converted it from a factory to their facilities in the 1950s. If there were those who advocated replacing an old, out-of-fashion building with what was at the time beautiful, we'd today have something dating from the '50s and indisputably uglier.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - by MidTowner - 05-28-2015, 11:44 AM