Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
The initial remediation crew could not have got to the depth they're working now before the retaining walls were built, surely.

(12-14-2018, 10:54 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 04:47 PM)jeffster Wrote: Gotta feel for that poor soul that needs to climb that all those flights every day. And damned you are if you had a burrito the other night. Though I do guess they have something to piss in, but I don't know.

One thing for sure, you'd be fit.  Good pay I'd imagine too.

I drive past the cranes at Ira Needles and Highland daily and was thinking the same thing the other day!  As much as I love them, I don't love heights, so no thanks!

I cant remember where I heard it but ya, the pay is VERY good.

The Interwebz claim an average of C$40/hour plus overtime.
https://www.payscale.com/research/CA/Job...ourly_Rate

You wouldn't find me climbing up there for $40!
(12-28-2018, 10:39 AM)BrianT Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 11:39 PM)BrianT Wrote: I'll have to wait and see if they line up again tomorrow morning. It's a big hole.

They are lined up again today in the rain.

Pictures please... Some of us work out of town..
Thanks. The hole must be deep but I can't imagine it going any deeper as the crane is already erected
(12-28-2018, 08:42 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Thanks. The hole must be deep but I can't imagine it going any deeper as the crane is already erected

When I was there on December 19th, I checked out the hole from Halls Lane, and only in the middle of the South West corner was soil left.   All the rest was dug up to it's final level.
Dec 27, 2018
[attachment=5898]
[attachment=5899]
(12-14-2018, 10:54 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 04:47 PM)jeffster Wrote: Gotta feel for that poor soul that needs to climb that all those flights every day. And damned you are if you had a burrito the other night. Though I do guess they have something to piss in, but I don't know.

One thing for sure, you'd be fit.  Good pay I'd imagine too.

I drive past the cranes at Ira Needles and Highland daily and was thinking the same thing the other day!  As much as I love them, I don't love heights, so no thanks!

I cant remember where I heard it but ya, the pay is VERY good.

Is there a thread for that project?  I can't seem to find anything, do you know what it is called?

I don't believe it's got a name. There's not much known about it to be honest.

Any info has been in the general suburban thread.
Man, does that crane with the big red lights on top ever look awesome, especially in the rainy night sky. Love it.
'Crane City'
Reminds me of Japan, all the big buildings and harbour cranes had red flashing lights on the top. At night it looked so cool, especially in the rain.
(01-08-2019, 11:01 PM)Canard Wrote: Reminds me of Japan, all the big buildings and harbour cranes had red flashing lights on the top.  At night it looked so cool, especially in the rain.

Le Crane

There's gonna be a big concrete pour on the 26th, I got a notice about it in the mail... apparently they got a noise by-law exemption and are notifying people in the area about minor road closures and cement trucks lining up.

Next weekend too!

[Image: rbv40M1.jpg]
In progress, vantage point of Hall's Lane

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »