Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(06-08-2020, 09:51 PM)MacBerry Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:38 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Looking at the cladding again, it's very clear, even to a casual observer, that there is a pattern to the holes. What the pattern means or represents is not obvious -- but that could actually be intentional, to get people to look and think.
 I wonder if they will backlight the cladding? Different view at night. ? ? ?

Gee, why didn’t we think of that earlier ...?  lol

Fine line between intriguing people and people concluding that they don't know what the H is going on :p
(06-08-2020, 09:51 PM)MacBerry Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:38 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Looking at the cladding again, it's very clear, even to a casual observer, that there is a pattern to the holes. What the pattern means or represents is not obvious -- but that could actually be intentional, to get people to look and think.
 I wonder if they will backlight the cladding? Different view at night. ? ? ?

As others have said, since it's the parking podium, the lights will always be on, thus making it backlit.  That's my assumption with how they'll do it at least.
Charlie West -- with NO view of the parking podium cladding! Big Grin

I see a little bit of it there Wink
OK, no cladding in this photo! (Taken from our empty office, in monochrome to avoid colour aberration from the tinted glass.)

Tom holding down the fort. Nice shot.

Counted 20 storeys today, is this now the tallest in Kitchener?
(07-16-2020, 12:10 AM)Square Wrote: Counted 20 storeys today, is this now the tallest in Kitchener?

Unsure if it’s the tallest, but it does have the most storeys. The Dolly Parton tower is probably a little taller. Give it another 3 week though, and it will be the tallest. A badge it will hold for a few months once complete, then DTK will rip past it.

Both will be 1st and 2nd tallest in the region.
And more to come!
With pics, one hopes!
(07-16-2020, 07:37 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 12:10 AM)Square Wrote: Counted 20 storeys today, is this now the tallest in Kitchener?

The Dolly Parton tower is probably a little taller.

Now that's a name I haven't heard applied to that building in years.
Last week: https://flic.kr/p/2jmkdUe

(07-16-2020, 07:26 PM)Lens Wrote: Last week: https://flic.kr/p/2jmkdUe
The Gaukel St side is broader than I realized.
Can't miss Charlie West now: this will be a great addition to the skyline.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »