Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(07-17-2018, 08:44 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 06:16 PM)GtwoK Wrote: A ton of heavy equipment moved on site today, including a very large drill and some support tubing. I can't imagine these are for creating a parking lot. Would these even be used in soil remediation? They almost seem like they're likely to start building the underground parking structure soon

Are the tubes caissons for the drill? Maybe they’ll start the excavation for the building but just redirect any soil that needs treatment to whatever treatment it needs. Dig it up just once.

If this is correct, most likely they’ll start by installing piles, probably massive vertical I-beams, around the outside using the caisson drill then dig down, installing wooden shoring as they go.

Can't say I know what a caisson is, but the spiral drill piece fit almost perfectly inside the tubing. Definitely looked like pile-driving equipment

An aside: oh my god, I've just realized THAT'S where pile driving comes from!?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - by GtwoK - 07-17-2018, 11:41 PM