Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(11-27-2018, 04:45 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Good on you. The 2.5 + 2 bath units are very spacious - over 1000 square feet right? Very hard to find that kind of size in DTK. Assuming you opted for a parking space, locker?

Curious, what was your reaction to them adding more floors? You would have been one under PH originally right? I know if I'm paying the highest floor premium outside of PH specifically to be at close to the top and suddenly am told nope, a bunch of more floors above you now, I'd probably be a bit peeved. Any consolation they offer?

Just over 1100 interior, plus 325 of balcony. Yes on parking space and locker. 

They didn't release the McGillivray units until after they'd added height, building went from 26 to 31, so I didn't have that happen to me. Floors 29-31 are all the PH layouts and perks. There was only a $1k difference between 31st and 30th floor, but someone got to the 31st floor unit before me. I'd looked at the tower suites, but didn't like any of them enough to buy, and only took a second look when the McGillivray units were released.

(11-27-2018, 05:09 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Even month-to-month is dicey with Momentum. When my move occurred, they gave a very firm occupancy date, and I gave notice at my month-to-month with a one-month overlap. I still had Momentum back down from their committment, put me up in a motel for 4-6 weeks (would need to check) without any real kitchen facilities, saying they would give a per-diem for food....and then backing off of that as well.

That's good to know. I might plan for two months of overlap, and not give my notice until I get the keys to the new unit. An extra month of rent isn't great, but I'd easily pay it to avoid 4-6 weeks in a motel, and having to move stuff into storage.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - by taylortbb - 11-27-2018, 05:20 PM