Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
Haven't had a good ol progress update in a while:

[Image: mvcU4Ko.jpg]

Will any of the below grade portion be part of the parking? Or will that be all above grade in the podium ?
Thanks for posting!
(02-07-2019, 05:13 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Will any of the below grade portion be part of the parking?  Or will that be all above grade in the podium ?

Yes, there will be underground parking. I'd assume pretty much all of it is parking, not much else to put down there except some storage lockers. The building design has storage lockers on every floor though, so I'm not sure how many additional ones will be required.
Can't see it in this photo, but the North wall by King Center and the West wall has I steel beams and tube steel beams buried in the cement and connected to the support wall. Wonder if these will stay in or are temporary? Thank you.
Really cool shot:

No news or pics for a month - is this one at ground level yet?

I checked it out last Sunday, not much difference from the photo from GtwoK from above.
(03-23-2019, 04:28 PM)Square Wrote: I checked it out last Sunday, not much difference from the photo from GtwoK from above.

They were doing a big pour today. They are about half way up the hole.
Below grade work is always such a drag. Once it pops its head above ground though, it always seems to go so much faster. Ahh perception vs reality.
(03-25-2019, 10:19 AM)Spokes Wrote: Below grade work is always such a drag.  Once it pops its head above ground though, it always seems to go so much faster.  Ahh perception vs reality.

Below grade does take a while. I guess it has to do with the extra work that needs to get done to set everything up. Usually it seems to be one floor every two weeks or so, but a few months for the 2 or 3 floors below grade (not to mention the dig).
These are the floors that support everything above, so I can see why they need so much work.
Also below grade is often the entire site, whereas above grade is typically less, and way above grade (more than maybe 3 floors, around here) is almost always much less.

Below grade also just seems to take longer than it actually is taking because it's harder to gauge visually
Walked by yesterday. Lots of hustle and bustle. Things trucking along at a good tilt it seems. Sounded like a block out of New York ha
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »