Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
ODC redevelopment (119 Roger St) | 6 fl | U/C
I have indeed raised a family in the neighbourhoods here, contributed to neighbourhood organizations and festivals with my time and money. Again, attachment to your home and your neighbours is legitimate, but concern about a development affecting that is less so: a development doesn't take from you your home, nor any neighbours who aren't desiring to sell their property to be a part of it. If there's one thing I've learned from neighbourhood organizations and festivals, it's that people make a neighbourhood great, and more of those same neighbours is great; I've enjoyed both the friendship of long-term neighbours who have resided in single family homes for decades, as well as new neighbours who only got into the area because of the missing middle being added to the area.

I would say that MidTowner takes my points and explains them in a more locally-tailored and eloquent way.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by timc - 04-06-2017, 11:10 AM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by nms - 04-20-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 10-04-2017, 09:33 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 10-05-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by Viewfromthe42 - 10-05-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by nms - 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 06-25-2018, 09:47 AM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 06-25-2018, 01:54 PM