Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual Infrastructure Announcement June 9th
(06-29-2021, 12:22 PM)ac3r Wrote: That's desperately needed. I've been in Sunnyside LTC Home for work in the past and it's brutal in the summer.

It's mind boggling that LTC homes where vulnerable people live do not have adequate HVAC systems.

Hell, I've stayed in shitty motels with A/C, but we can't do it in LTC homes. Ridiculous.

Sunnyside isn't as bad as privately owned homes, but due to the age of parts of the facility the HVAC is a bit dated. That's what I was working there for...they wanted to upgrade it, but needed to examine the structure to figure out what would need to be modified to upgrade the HVAC systems and so on. The newer supportive housing building, which is attached to the main complex, is a bit better but the original building but it hasn't been upgraded in years. I think the pandemic illustrated that now is the time to do so. I'm unsure how the systems are in the townhomes or that freestanding building they have, but they're likely fairly dated as well. It's good they're upgrading it. Goes to show you how much better publicly funded facilities are compared to the sort of shit buildings companies like Revera or Schlegel Villages have.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »