Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(05-27-2019, 08:12 AM)jgsz Wrote: It looks like 50Q is going to have lights on the roof that will be visible from Weber and Queen Streets.  Today, workers were pushing the structure that holds the lights slightly over the edge of the building so they will be visible from below.  I think it will look quite sharp when it's finished.  I always thought that 50 Queen was a rather boring building but Europro seems to be jazzing it up quite a bit.  Up to now, KW really hasn't discovered the use of outdoor lighting on tall buildings.  If this turns out to be as cool as I think it will others will follow.  

EuroPro now has a brochure for 50Q:

.pdf   EP_50QBrochureO2.pdf (Size: 3.57 MB / Downloads: 361)

(08-15-2019, 08:40 PM)tomh009 Wrote: EuroPro now has a brochure for 50Q:

Thanks for posting this. I was in that building 15 or 20 years ago to dispute a ticket and was surprised at how dumpy it looked inside back then. If the photos in the brochure are to be believed then they've really done a nice job with the place.
I always thought a ground floor restaurant would be perfect with such a big patio opportunity
There's no mention in the brochure about bike parking, locker rooms or showers. I'll believe we're moving away from car culture once those sorts of amenities start being something our commercial space developers crow about.
Renovations at 86 Cedar St S are finally complete, including new balconies, total parking refurb and a new entrance. I do like how they used cedar to give the entrance a touch of class; hope they will maintain that to keep up its appearance.

Today this building only exists on Google Street View.  It disappeared last week.  Does anyone know if there are plans for some development at the corner of Duke Street and Ontario Street?

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4516174,-...92!5m1!1e1
Parking spaces for those poor souls that lost their to the cycle lanes on Young St.

Jeffster....conspiracy??
There is that proposal across the st at 45 Duke St but that's the closest I can think of.
(06-15-2019, 07:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote: The ground-floor renovation at 91 King St W (former BG Diamonds & Gold) is getting closer.

Does anyone recognize this logo?

It's Wineology: https://www.wineologybar.ca/kitchener
(08-29-2019, 06:47 PM)Spokes Wrote: Jeffster....conspiracy??

Well, there are some good (or not so good) stories about that place. I do believe there might be something sinister behind all this (literally true...but I mean it a different way).
In terms of left hands?

(08-29-2019, 09:08 AM)jgsz Wrote: Today this building only exists on Google Street View.  It disappeared last week.  Does anyone know if there are plans for some development at the corner of Duke Street and Ontario Street?

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4516174,-...92!5m1!1e1

The demolition permits were issued to Salter Pilon Architects, but there is no project info on their site that I could find.
The work is extending beyond that property - part of the parking lot along Duke is also getting ripped up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »