Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
Ooh, and I forgot - your coffee will come AFTER your dessert, not with.

This place sounds like it's going to be great- I can't wait!
(07-25-2017, 01:53 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Seriously, if "Euro-style" just meant that you won't get your bill until you ask for it .....

... or no need to tip because they already pay a decent wage to their staff.
(07-25-2017, 02:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 01:53 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Seriously, if "Euro-style" just meant that you won't get your bill until you ask for it .....

... or no need to tip because they already pay a decent wage to their staff.

Well now you're just being silly ... Wink
(10-18-2016, 03:07 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I wonder if they'll slap all the hydro metres on that street-facing wall, as they did with the development around the corner?  Yuck!

The townhouse development on Courtland is finally just about ready for occupancy -- with street-facing hydro meters, as panamaniac predicted.  Still, not terrible, and fits fairly nicely into the neighbourhood.

Street-facing hydro meters make sense; it's a lot easier for the reader to walk up and find them instead of rooting around the backyard and walking past everyone's windows to read them.
Or just scan the tags they're mounting on everyone's houses.

All our meters are smart meters and don't require reading so far as I understand.
(07-28-2017, 10:05 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: All our meters are smart meters and don't require reading so far as I understand.

We spent enough on them, they could at least have the courtesy to put them out of sight.

In this case it’s not at all obvious why the electrical and gas meters couldn’t go around the left side of the building.

Also, what is hideous bundle of black pipes running up the wall about halfway across?
(07-29-2017, 10:28 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: Also, what is hideous bundle of black pipes running up the wall about halfway across?

I do believe that's the electrical service.  Now, why does it need to enter the building that high, and in the middle of the wall, that's something I can't answer.
It's level with the floor of the second storey/ceiling of the first. Presumably there's a distribution bank embedded along that.
"A smart meter is a new kind of gas and electricity meter that can digitally send meter readings to your energy supplier for more accurate energy bills."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_meter
This whole wall needs some guerrilla ivy planting...

There is more sampling being done at corner of Highland and Spadina where they did the suspected soil remediation last year. Perhaps checking to see if they got it all?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
They are looking for leaching from the surrounding soil
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »