Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(09-13-2018, 09:40 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 09:05 PM)Markster Wrote: So, over/under on when something gets built on that spot again?

10 years?

Before the LRT, I'd say 20. Now I'd tend towards five.

I think 10 years is realistic - its a great location, but there is a lot of space closer to the ion station that could be developed first.

I saw on the city of kitchener's instagram page that they created a poster that has all future projects planned DTK, as a celebration of city hall's birthday or something. Can someone go to city hall tomorrow and take a panorama of it? It should be at the bottom of the stairs, on the main floor. I'd do it but I'm out of town.

I saved the video just in case. The picture shows something interesting by 100 victoria. Looks like 7+ midrise condos there?

[Image: Nq9hZc4.png]

Artist concept only or something in the works? ?
(09-17-2018, 08:48 PM)artembunglito Wrote: I saw on the city of kitchener's instagram page that they created a poster that has all future projects planned DTK, as a celebration of city hall's birthday or something. Can someone go to city hall tomorrow and take a panorama of it? It should be at the bottom of the stairs, on the main floor. I'd do it but I'm out of town.

I saved the video just in case. The picture shows something interesting by 100 victoria. Looks like 7+ midrise condos there?

Wouldn't that be the garment district project?
(09-17-2018, 08:55 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 08:48 PM)artembunglito Wrote: I saw on the city of kitchener's instagram page that they created a poster that has all future projects planned DTK, as a celebration of city hall's birthday or something. Can someone go to city hall tomorrow and take a panorama of it? It should be at the bottom of the stairs, on the main floor. I'd do it but I'm out of town.

Wouldn't that be the garment district project?
Those mid rise buildings are on the former Bramm Yards land. I want to say I saw a conceptual plan for that area, but as far as I know, the city still owns the parcel and there aren’t any immediate plans for redevelopment.

The Garment Street development is shown at D and labelled as Huck Glove, an older name for the project taken from the heritage building at Victoria and Bramm.
The garment street project is only an office and residential tower. Nothing behind it.

I wonder if they just included it for what could be.

Like others have said, the city still owns it. I wonder what they'll do with it.
[Image: KjgTF2U.png]

Another snapshot of the video showing the manulife condo, city centre phase 2 and charlie west
Oh, I understand the map now, yes, that would be an interesting change, that's currently the parking lot, but the trail is planned to go along there. Certainly would be an improvement.

artembunglito thanks for posting those pictures. This is the first time I have seen any image of the Manulife project. The artist shows almost that whole block getting filled up.

Also the transit hub images I assume must be just concepts at this stage and not the actual project?
I wish there were digital versions of this floating around
King and Wellington render from the "ION Attracts" map.
[Image: KingandWellington.png]
And one from ABA Architects from a few years ago:
[Image: 2013-077-2013.09.jpg]
Hmmm so that's still alive? Interesting

Is there a PDF somewhere of ION attracts?
(09-18-2018, 04:26 PM)Spokes Wrote: Hmmm so that's still alive?  Interesting

Is there a PDF somewhere of ION attracts?

No PDF, but here is the web link : https://rmw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour...1c0b0aabec
Thanks!!

It's interesting that the Ion Attracts map does not list Virerra Village project.
#86 is vierra village
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »