Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victoria Park Life (588-600 Queen St S) | 11 fl | Proposed
(10-15-2018, 08:26 AM)Spokes Wrote: I thought demolition permits had at least been issued.

For the buildings at the back of the property, yes.

Anyone want to buy this property?

Quote:Development land with proposed 103 condo units and 3 main floor commercial units facing Queen St South. Victoria Park is a 250 metre walk on the Iron Horse Trans Canada Trail. Convenient transit and close to LRT. Proposed building features an appealing 3000 sq. ft. indoor amenity area and over 7000 sq.ft of rooftop amenity area. Site plan approval with conditions. Survey, preliminary drawings, environmental reports, consultant reports in owner's possession all available.
Was going back through a bunch of old threads to look at some of the proposals and this one in particular caught my eye.

Really nice rendering but I presume given the lack of updates nothing is happening here currently
They cleaned up the property (which was a good thing) but there is no sign at all of impending construction.
Which is disappointing. I liked this one
I always find it interesting that some projects are announced and seem to go up very quickly, while others are announced and seem to sit inactive or are never built at all. I can never see any particular pattern to it, although some developers seem to get things done, while other "developers" not so much ...
(07-27-2020, 09:57 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I always find it interesting that some projects are announced and seem to go up very quickly, while others are announced and seem to sit inactive or are never built at all.  I can never see any particular pattern to it, although some developers seem to get things done, while other "developers" not so much ...

And some don't even get announced, they just start (like Drewlo).

Much of it, I think, depends on whether the developer has sufficient financing to proceed immediately, or whether they are announcing the project so that they can start looking for funding.

(07-27-2020, 11:12 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 09:57 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I always find it interesting that some projects are announced and seem to go up very quickly, while others are announced and seem to sit inactive or are never built at all.  I can never see any particular pattern to it, although some developers seem to get things done, while other "developers" not so much ...

And some don't even get announced, they just start (like Drewlo).

Much of it, I think, depends on whether the developer has sufficient financing to proceed immediately, or whether they are announcing the project so that they can start looking for funding.

Yes, I assume that financing is the key factor, but then one wonders why some projects can attract it, while others struggle, in the absence of anything obvious that would make one project seem more attractive/viable than another?  I guess it all becomes easier for developers, like Drewlo and Auburn, that have very deep pockets.
(07-27-2020, 12:08 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 11:12 AM)tomh009 Wrote: And some don't even get announced, they just start (like Drewlo).

Yes, I assume that financing is the key factor, but then one wonders why some projects can attract it, while others struggle, in the absence of anything obvious that would make one project seem more attractive/viable than another?  I guess it all becomes easier for developers, like Drewlo and Auburn, that have very deep pockets.

Just like any business ... a good product doesn't guarantee success. Especially the tech graveyards are littered with outstanding ideas that failed the ultimate test of marketplace.

Management. Concept. Marketing. Experience. Stability. Credibility. All of that will impact your ability to secure financing.
Now listed for sale at $4.5M.
Wow! DTK land values huh
Unfortunate that nothing came of this proposal. It looked like it was going to be an interesting development. Who has money on Drewlo or Auburn buying the land and building another one of their iconic towers? (I kid, I kid)
Please, don't make such jokes, or we'll end up looking like London (I kid) for the next 20 years.

(11-27-2020, 05:29 PM)ac3r Wrote: Please, don't make such jokes, or we'll end up looking like London (I kid) for the next 20 years.
Haha This is already my fear (although they have a couple buildings being constructed right now that I would take dtk anyday)  Luckily Farhi hasn't taken an interest in the region.  Still waiting on toronto developers to look at the region and realize the potential.
Was the zoning ever changed on the property?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »