Waterloo Region Connected
Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph (/showthread.php?tid=225)

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - timio - 11-01-2016

I saw what looked to be utility relocation in front of Burger King a few weeks ago.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Canard - 11-01-2016

Yeah, they're doing a bunch of work on both the exit there from 7/85 onto Bruce, and at Bruce/the exit itself. It's been ongoing for a few weeks now. The terraforming on the South part of the curve is getting pretty hot and heavy.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - embe - 11-01-2016

Agreed, multiple projects in the works when I drove through today.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Markster - 11-02-2016

(11-01-2016, 09:13 PM)embe Wrote: Any timing updates on when the Bruce street extension will take place?  Recent excavation work at the north bound exit and the Wellington exit now closed.  Worthy of a new topic or is this covered elsewhere?

I think it's probably easiest to keep Bruce St as part of this thread. It's all one giant construction project together.  Makes posting pictures simpler.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Coke6pk - 11-08-2016

The curbs are all in on Wellington / Shirley Ave extension, but I noticed there were no "cut outs" for where I thought the roadway went down to Victoria St. Will they pay to rip out the new curbs in a few years, or do I read the drawing wrong?

Coke

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Markster - 11-08-2016

Well, here's the drawing again, for reference.

So this was directly opposite the Eastern Wellington ramp?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=242]

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Coke6pk - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 01:13 PM)Markster Wrote: Well, here's the drawing again, for reference.

Where so this was directly opposite the Eastern Wellington ramp?

Yes, this section has straight curbs.

Coke

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Markster - 11-08-2016

Weird.
When they build out new subdivisions, they have curbs that round out into the an empty field all the time.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - dunkalunk - 11-10-2016

(11-08-2016, 02:09 PM)Markster Wrote: Weird.
When they build out new subdivisions, they have curbs that round out into the an empty field all the time.

As a high-capacity road, and for drainage reasons it could be safer for the curbs to be there until the underpass is ready.
Or perhaps there was a sale on concrete?

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - C Plus - 11-13-2016

So are they doing a bridge replacement for Frederick St. as well?

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - gomesjustin - 11-13-2016

I don't think Fredrick St Bridge is being replaced, they just did some work on that bridge, no?

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - The85 - 11-13-2016

(11-13-2016, 09:39 AM)gomesjustin Wrote: I don't think Fredrick St Bridge is being replaced, they just did some work on that bridge, no?

Very minor rehabilitative work - yes. It was basically a band-aid fix (new pavement, concrete patching, temporary jersey barriers along parapet walls) without doing a full rehabilitation knowing that the bridge would be removed in the coming years.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - KevinL - 11-13-2016

Which goes first, Frederick or Victoria? Because I know there is no way both will be closed at the same time.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - GtwoK - 11-13-2016

Victoria first, next year. A lengthened span at Victoria is necessary to accommodate the new ramps, underpasses, etc. The Frederick replacement is only to lengthen the Bruce exit ramp lane.

RE: Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph - Coke6pk - 11-14-2016

(11-10-2016, 09:50 PM)dunkalunk Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 02:09 PM)Markster Wrote: Weird.

As a high-capacity road, and for drainage reasons it could be safer for the curbs to be there until the underpass is ready.
Or perhaps there was a sale on concrete?

My vote's with concrete sale! Wink

(Stupid?) question : Is the roadwork on Wellington perhaps Regional/City in nature, and therefore not part of the Provincial project?

The intersection curbs in question:

The start of the new Shirley/Bingemans Centre extention: (Pavement was completed since I took this picture)

Coke