Waterloo Region Connected
Trails - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Trails (/showthread.php?tid=378)

RE: Trails - timc - 12-03-2018

(12-03-2018, 03:50 PM)KevinT Wrote: So on Saturday Nov, 24th the wife and I were in the area of the River Rd. footbridge and spotted this little bit of bike-friendly newness:

My first thought seeing that picture was "Challenge Accepted". But then I realized it was for walking your bike. Wink

RE: Trails - robdrimmie - 12-03-2018

On a dry day I'd probably give it a shot. That handrail makes it easy to bail out when it inevitably (for me) fails.

RE: Trails - jamincan - 12-03-2018

I saw these all over the place in Copenhagen, but the only other place I've noticed it in the Region is on the stairs going from the Kissing Bridge Trailway up to Katherine St.

RE: Trails - KevinL - 12-03-2018

A few outdoor staircases around the University of Waterloo campus have these - the one that jumps to mind is beside the Engineering Lecture Hall.

RE: Trails - plam - 12-03-2018

(12-03-2018, 06:46 PM)jamincan Wrote: I saw these all over the place in Copenhagen, but the only other place I've noticed it in the Region is on the stairs going from the Kissing Bridge Trailway up to Katherine St.

Montreal has them in metro stations as well.

RE: Trails - Spokes - 12-04-2018

(12-03-2018, 04:55 PM)timc Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 03:50 PM)KevinT Wrote: So on Saturday Nov, 24th the wife and I were in the area of the River Rd. footbridge and spotted this little bit of bike-friendly newness:

My first thought seeing that picture was "Challenge Accepted". But then I realized it was for walking your bike.  Wink

Says you Wink

RE: Trails - Section ThirtyOne - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 10:50 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 04:55 PM)timc Wrote: My first thought seeing that picture was "Challenge Accepted". But then I realized it was for walking your bike.  Wink

Says you Wink

I would just ride up/down the stairs. No tray required! Angel

RE: Trails - KevinT - 12-04-2018

(12-03-2018, 04:55 PM)timc Wrote:

My first thought seeing that picture was "Challenge Accepted". But then I realized it was for walking your bike.  Wink

Now I know why they built it slightly too close to the railing, they're smarter than I initially gave them credit for.  Smile

RE: Trails - Pheidippides - 12-07-2018

Upcoming Public Information Centre Iron House Trail 2019 Improvements

The sections of the trail that run from Queen Street South to Ottawa Street South, and Victoria Street South to the City of Waterloo will be receiving trail improvements in 2019. Potential improvements include:

Wider, re-paved surfaces;
Larger roadway crossing;
Lighting.

Attend our Public Information Centre on Wednesday, Jan. 16 at the Victoria Park Pavilion to provide input. Drop-in anytime between 4-7:30 p.m. 

Public Information Centre
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019
Time: Drop-in anytime between 4-7:30 p.m.
Location: Victoria Park Pavillion, 80 Schneider Ave, Kitchener

RE: Trails - danbrotherston - 12-07-2018

Why are we doing *more* public insulations. This was already approved.

Just another opportunity for opposition.

RE: Trails - Pheidippides - 12-08-2018

(12-07-2018, 11:49 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Why are we doing *more* public insulations. This was already approved.

Just another opportunity for opposition.

It is confusing. It is called a public information centre which would imply it is for creating awareness of the upcoming changes and not gathering input, but the description clearly states they are taking ideas.

Maybe the budget has changed and they need to prioritize? Wasn't there a provincial grant for the lighting that was cancelled by the provincial government was elected in June?

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-08-2018

...and of all places, outside, in January, in the dark. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, the new MUT on the Franklin St. Bridge rebuild was being paved on Thursday! It looks great!

RE: Trails - clasher - 12-08-2018

I think it will be inside the building where people have weddings and vote.

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-08-2018

Ah, okay - when I saw "Victoria Park Pavilion" I thought they meant this:

RE: Trails - clasher - 12-08-2018

Understandable, most pavilions don't have walls it would seem. I dunno why the building is called a pavilion but it seems to date back to the the original building from the 1900s